I've downloaded the Box and Foldersync apps, but I'm not sure what to do from here. So far, I only have some pics that I would put in the cloud. I did discover today, that I can download/stream music from Amazon Cloud that I already had there from when I used to have a Kindle Fire. That was pretty easy to get to compared to my N4. I'm pretty confused about data transfer to/from the N4. I guess it's a lot different from the N10 which I also have. I guess going to the Box Cloud would be an easy way to transfer files off of the N4 and then from the Box cloud to my pc? Thanks for any help.

This was at the end of another thread, but no one replied so decided to try a new post. Thanks.
    06-26-2013 01:38 PM
    I've downloaded the Box and Foldersync apps, but I'm not sure what to do from here. So far, I only have some pics that I would put in the cloud. I did discover today, that I can download/stream music from Amazon Cloud that I already had there from when I used to have a Kindle Fire. That was pretty easy to get to compared to my N4. I'm pretty confused about data transfer to/from the N4. I guess it's a lot different from the N10 which I also have. I guess going to the Box Cloud would be an easy way to transfer files off of the N4 and then from the Box cloud to my pc? Thanks for any help.

This was at the end of another thread, but no one replied so decided to try a new post. Thanks.
    I don't use Box but I would imagine it works the same as any other cloud storage service such as Dropbox and Google Drive. I've used Dropbox but I prefer Drive just because it's a little easier to set up and it's a little more seamless with the other Google services.
    To answer your question, yes if you upload pictures or documents to your Box account you can access them from another linked device. You are not transferring anything, just accessing them from another device. You can actually transfer the picture for example, if you choose to" save to device".
    If you want to transfer a photo to your tablet, you might want to try Superbeam scanner. It creates a QR code on your screen, then you scan it with the other device, works much faster, works on wifi only. I've beamed 50mb videos from my Nexus 4 to my tablet in less than one minute, pretty slick.

Hope that helps.
    06-26-2013 08:09 PM
    Thanks Boxer2. I've been able to upload a few pics to Box.com and put them in a folder. That's at least a start. Now I have to figure out what Foldersync is for. The nice thing about box.com is that you get 50gb free.
    06-26-2013 09:29 PM
    I use box.net, no idea what folder sync is. If you want to get the box files on your PC just log in on box.net on you web browser, no app needed. I uploaded my music to my box account as in Canada we don't have access to amazon music or Google play drive. That way I can stream music to my phone or tablet without taking up internal storage. I also use it if I want to share something with some one, pics or an apk, just upload it to box and then choose share.
    olgeezer44 likes this.
    06-26-2013 09:40 PM
    Thanks Boxer2. I've been able to upload a few pics to Box.com and put them in a folder. That's at least a start. Now I have to figure out what Foldersync is for. The nice thing about box.com is that you get 50gb free.
    Yeah that 50 gb for free is nice! I haven't needed that much space yet but may need some additional storage next year.
    I looked up Foldersync, it looks like it's a file manager that does many sync functions. I think for people that have multiple cloud accounts it is a great app because you can manage multiple accounts from one application. If you are using Box as one and only account you probably have no need for it? I think Box will sync everything for you without folderSync.
    olgeezer44 likes this.
    06-26-2013 10:05 PM
    Thanks for your help and comments. Box seems to be an advanced application for people to share things in a business environment and I think I got confused because all of their videos show its features from that perspective. It has a lot more features than I'll ever need. I think that I'll just uninstall Foldersync for now since Box also has sync features. I'm new to the apps and sync stuff. The n4's are our 1st smartphones. We have a lot to learn and really appreciate your help.
    06-27-2013 11:23 AM
    Box is great for many reasons, not just pertaining to business.

- you get 50gb free
    - you can upload any file format
    - you can easily set privacy for any file or folder
    - you can share a link to any file or folder and the recipient does not need to download any app or create any user profile to access it

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    06-27-2013 11:40 AM
    Thanks for your help and comments. Box seems to be an advanced application for people to share things in a business environment and I think I got confused because all of their videos show its features from that perspective. It has a lot more features than I'll ever need. I think that I'll just uninstall Foldersync for now since Box also has sync features. I'm new to the apps and sync stuff. The n4's are our 1st smartphones. We have a lot to learn and really appreciate your help.
    No problem! Glad to be of help. I think the Nexus 4 is a great device for someone new to the smartphone world, price is right too!!

Since you've already paid for FolderSync, it will be in your apps in the Google Play store, so you can always re-install it. You may want to do that once you get more comfortable. I mention this because you said in earlier post that you have an Amazon cloud account; foldersync may benefit you in use.
    olgeezer44 likes this.
    06-27-2013 01:51 PM
    Appreciate the info. I've been experimenting with it and it is actually pretty intuitive once you start using the drop down menus. You don't even need a file manager program since you can do everything within Box. I just dragged a music file from the desktop into Box and played it from there. This is a great deal!
    frenziedfemale likes this.
    06-27-2013 01:52 PM
    Sorry you don't get Amazon music in Canada. I know that Amazon is in the U.K.. Must be something about country boundaries and airwaves?
    06-27-2013 03:06 PM
    Sorry you don't get Amazon music in Canada. I know that Amazon is in the U.K.. Must be something about country boundaries and airwaves?
    The canadian licensing organizations are absolute bastards and no one wants to deal with them...
    06-27-2013 03:34 PM
    The canadian licensing organizations are absolute bastards and no one wants to deal with them...
    Sorry to hear that.
    06-28-2013 01:31 PM