Why does the screen disappear while on the phone then you fight to light up the screen to see to shut it down or bring up the number key to enter numbers as often is required for many business transactions.

I'm very with frustrated with this.
    06-28-2013 09:09 AM
    I do not understand your question.
    06-28-2013 09:11 AM
    proximity sensor will give a signal to light the screen up, just wait a sec.
    06-28-2013 09:37 AM
    Seriously......... I can't make heads or tails of your statement. It looks like random words thrown together.
    06-28-2013 09:38 AM
    I think all touch screen phones do this to save on battery. There is no need to have the screen on when it is next to your face. If you do a lot of keyboard transactions during calls, I would consider putting it on speaker mode or getting a Bluetooth headset. Another alternative is apps in the market that keep the screen on. You could lock the screen on before you start the call.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    anon(55900) likes this.
    06-28-2013 09:41 AM
    Why does the screen disappear while on the phone then you fight to light up the screen to see to shut it down or bring up the number key to enter numbers as often is required for many business transactions.

I'm very with frustrated with this.
    I had this problem too but I think I solved it.

I think my thumb was covering the proximity sensor. It is on the top left corner of the phone. If that is covered, the phone thinks it is next to your face and the display should be off.
    06-28-2013 10:27 AM
    I think all touch screen phones do this to save on battery. There is no need to have the screen on when it is next to your face. If you do a lot of keyboard transactions during calls, I would consider putting it on speaker mode or getting a Bluetooth headset. Another alternative is apps in the market that keep the screen on. You could lock the screen on before you start the call.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    If you are using the keyboard, the proximity sensor will not be activated. Because you are probably not using the keyboard while it is next to your face.
    06-28-2013 10:29 AM
    I've had this issue with most of my phones, it's frustrating as hell that I can't go and check someone else's number or go into my notes app while on a call. Everytime I try to touch the screen it goes off

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-28-2013 10:45 AM
    It is so your face can't push random things on your screen while talking on the phone. If it still stays black when you pull it away from your face, check your screen protector, you may have to trim it back from the sensor, clean your screen, move your hand.
    ConTejas likes this.
    06-28-2013 10:52 AM

I think my thumb was covering the proximity sensor. It is on the top left corner of the phone. If that is covered, the phone thinks it is next to your face and the display should be off.
    That's good to know... I was having trouble getting the screen back on to end calls. My thumb tends to rest right over the prox sensor.
    06-28-2013 11:28 AM
    Is the proximity sensor on the same location for most phones

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-28-2013 04:56 PM

That's good to know... I was having trouble getting the screen back on to end calls. My thumb tends to rest right over the prox sensor.
    Ah, "You're holding it wrong".
    06-28-2013 08:55 PM
    Is the proximity sensor on the same location for most phones
    All the ones I have used it has been at the top, but not always in the same place. Most are more in the middle or by the front camera. The nexus 4's are on the far left.
    07-02-2013 10:52 AM