I just got my nexus 4 two days ago and i'm having issues with the battery life of it. I know i googled allot and this seems to be regular issue. However, mine is very extreme. I am running android 4.2.2 and since i just bought the phone it should the new hardware revision. Therefore i should be getting great battery life according to my googling, like 23 hours off charger and 25% left with 6 hours screen time. However i'm getting results like 8 hours of charger withe 10% battery and 2 hours screen time. When did get the phone i charged it for a full 8 hours even though its not really necessary but it was over night so i could not do anything about it. Do i have a defected battery? Should i have not charged it? Is there a break in period for the battery? please help since im incredibly frustrated about this.

I have followed all the battery saving tips everywhere and i have installed juice saver ultimate but no luck there. the difference is not notable.
    06-29-2013 11:27 AM
    You only just got the device it seems, battery should improve with more charge cycles. Also it depends how you use the phone but most people get around 3 hours on screen time
    06-29-2013 12:12 PM
    Ya the battery does need about a week to condition. But you will not get 23 hours and 6 hours of on screen time. These numbers have never been stated by current Nexus 4 users. If they are then they are lying. The general expectation should be 12-15 hours off charger with 3-4 hours of on screen usage. The only time I have exceeded this is when I was out of cell range and my phone had no signal. Essentially airplane mode.

The only way to preserve battery is to turn things off when you aren't using them. Put a toggle widget on your home screen and only use things like Bluetooth and GPS when needed. Turn off data and wifi if you aren't using them and this will help a lot.

Also Google Now does use a lot of battery. Turn it off if you don't use it.

But if you don't like doing this my suggestion is to get a Anker portable charger from Amazon. I got one for that holds 5600mAh for $25. It can recharge my phone around 2-3 times very fast. In fact this is one positive about the Nexus 4. It charges super fast. Top it up for an hour if you are headed out for the evening and you'll be good to go. Or bring the portable charger with you. It's small enough to fit in your pocket.

This is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005K7...cUvbUpU2889289

Sent from my Nexus 4
    06-29-2013 01:10 PM
    I used to get 3hrs screen time. recently over the last month been getting round about 2hrs. Not sure why. i thought i use it less now as the novelty factors gone! May do a factory reset!
    06-30-2013 08:56 AM
    Mildly off topic but how do people manage to spend 6 hours of a day on a phone screen? I'm not sure these devices were designed nor intended to be so heavily used in the first place.
    badbrad17 and J T M like this.
    06-30-2013 09:02 AM
    Mildly off topic but how do people manage to spend 6 hours of a day on a phone screen? I'm not sure these devices were designed nor intended to be so heavily used in the first place.
    People use their phones instead of TV now.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    J T M and Aquila like this.
    06-30-2013 04:18 PM
    A more efficient kernel might help as well. Other than that, auto brightness off, sync on currents off and it does have issues with low signal areas so may be a good idea to turn off mobile data when not using it.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-01-2013 02:21 AM

Gprs:On
    Wireless:On
    Screen : Auto

When screen open ,i listened music and i used opera tweetcaster instagram vs.
    thats good for me.

stock kernel,stock rom
    07-01-2013 04:46 PM
    People use their phones instead of TV now.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Then sitting by some kind of a charger lead would be sensible.
    07-06-2013 02:51 PM
    Then sitting by some kind of a charger lead would be sensible.
    Totally. We compare battery life on smart phones to Blackberries... but when did anyone ever spend 4+ hours a day on their blackberries?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 05:27 PM
    Totally. We compare battery life on smart phones to Blackberries... but when did anyone ever spend 4+ hours a day on their blackberries?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Are you kidding? Bb users can't put their phones down lol. I know I couldn't! Battery life on bbos was stellar.

To the OP, I usually get around 4-5 hours of screen time on my N4: as reported by the stock android battery monitor. I've had my phone less than a week though if that makes any difference. I either keep my brightness on low at home or auto when I'm out. I go into my account settings and make sure only things I want to sync are syncing. WiFi on wherever possible to save data charges and battery life as well. Location is on. Google now is off. That's all I remember off the top of my head. Depends what you do with the phone though. Taking pictures or using the camera takes considerable battery for example. Not everyone uses their phone the same.

Oh yeah, I also turn off vibrate for everything such as on the keyboard, home buttons, etc.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-07-2013 09:38 AM
    Are you kidding? Bb users can't put their phones down lol. I know I couldn't! Battery life on bbos was stellar.

To the OP, I usually get around 4-5 hours of screen time on my N4: as reported by the stock android battery monitor. I've had my phone less than a week though if that makes any difference. I either keep my brightness on low at home or auto when I'm out. I go into my account settings and make sure only things I want to sync are syncing. WiFi on wherever possible to save data charges and battery life as well. Location is on. Google now is off. That's all I remember off the top of my head. Depends what you do with the phone though. Taking pictures or using the camera takes considerable battery for example. Not everyone uses their phone the same.

Oh yeah, I also turn off vibrate for everything such as on the keyboard, home buttons, etc.

Oh I know they can't put them down but what you can do on a blackberry is still limited compared to newer phones so unless they were on Facebook all day then they wouldn't be doing the same battery taxing duties as you would on a smart phone. If I am just texting and messaging my battery lasts way longer. You start running apps and doing stuff in your browser and it all changes. My wife had a BB Torch and she did very little in that regard because it was so brutally slow.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-07-2013 02:10 PM
    Oh I know they can't put them down but what you can do on a blackberry is still limited compared to newer phones so unless they were on Facebook all day then they wouldn't be doing the same battery taxing duties as you would on a smart phone. If I am just texting and messaging my battery lasts way longer. You start running apps and doing stuff in your browser and it all changes. My wife had a BB Torch and she did very little in that regard because it was so brutally slow.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    So a BlackBerry is not a smartphone now? Lol. You don't have much experience with one it seems. Anyway, don't want to venture into this territory. They are much more capable than you suggest, even with their limitations.

07-07-2013 02:36 PM
    So a BlackBerry is not a smartphone now? Lol. You don't have much experience with one it seems. Anyway, don't want to venture into this territory. They are much more capable than you suggest, even with their limitations.

Sorry I wasn't trying to argue. The new ones with BB 10 certainly are. I have had BlackBerrys before and my family has had them for years. We can move on. Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-07-2013 02:43 PM