How to speed up the mobile Chrome Browser

rohiggidy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
To speed up your mobile chrome/ chrome beta app turn on these flags. If you run into any issues you can reset to default. I would try the changes on the chrome beta and leave the stable chrome browser alone until you get comfortable playing with the flags on the beta

1. Type chrome://flags/ in the URL address bar/ search box of the chrome browser....relaunch the apps via the relaunch option at the bottom after the changes. browser will be super fast after the changes

2. enable override software rendering
3.enable experimental canvas features
3.gpu accelerated svg filters
4.enable webgl
5.enable web audio
6. enable webrtc
7. show auto predictions
8. enable favicon sync
9. enable keystore encyrp.
10. enable spdy/4 alpha
11.enable javascript experiment
12. enable experimental webkit
13. enable offline cache
14. enable experimental websocket

jaygatsby9909

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to find all these options. But I got about 10 of them and notice a dramatic increase. That plus the data compression makes this a joy to use.

rocckky

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Aren't some of these enabled by default?... like Webgl, WebRTC etc?....as the setting says disable, meaning enabling it disables them as their set by default. Am I not reading it correctly?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
couldnt find all on the list either... or it's not named exactly as listed... but changed the ones i could and seems faster. will keep these settings on my beta version and see. thanks.

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that information. As others have mentioned, I couldn't find all the settings that you listed but changed all that I could find.

I would say it is faster, I am quite pleased with the improvement.

Thanks again.

Boxer2

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Will enabling ART do as much?
Tried ART a couple of months ago but some apps wern't upgraded to work with ART but seems it will be standard in future Android releases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie