Do not send your nexus 4 to lg for repair!!

rfauconn

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had my Nexus 4 front glass cracked (pulled off a table by my mutt) decided to send it to LG. BIG MISTAKE!! DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONE TO LG!! Sent it on the 10th of June and as of today still have not rec'd it back (I do at least have a tracking number now). They have charged my account over 15 times for $153. They have some major issues w/ debit card payments. LG of Alabama is the payment processing center and LG Texas does the actual repair. They blame my bank and the bank of course tells me they are not the ones charging my card, LG is charging my card. We counted 15 charges from LG since the 13th of June. Granted, only 1 payment so far has cleared but they have tied up A LOT of my money in the mean time. Fix it yourself, send it to anyone but DO NOT SEND IT TO LG! It has been a total cluster fudge and has taken 22 days so far. What are others experiences I wonder, w/ LG Nexus repair?

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have a regular credit card, then I HIGHLY recommend using a pre-paid credit card for any transaction that isn't local and face-to-face.

rfauconn

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have a regular credit card, then I HIGHLY recommend using a pre-paid credit card for any transaction that isn't local and face-to-face.
I've seen that posted before and have never understood why so? Personally I have used a visa debit/bank card for many years online w/ out any hassles until now. I went down to my bank and they immediately took the charges off. This has to do w/ LG billing ineptness more so than the type of card I'm using.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen that posted before and have never understood why so? Personally I have used a visa debit/bank card for many years online w/ out any hassles until now. I went down to my bank and they immediately took the charges off. This has to do w/ LG billing ineptness more so than the type of card I'm using.

Using a debit card for online purchases is risky at best. With a credit card you can dispute the charge easily. Not so with a debit card.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Using a debit card for online purchases is risky at best. With a credit card you can dispute the charge easily. Not so with a debit card.

Correct. Using a credit card online is much more secure and you have more options for dispute.

Basically
Credit Card = Banks Money (Which you pay back monthly)
Debit Card = Your Money (Which can be lost immediately and a pain in the *** to get back quickly)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Using a credit card online is much more secure and you have more options for dispute.

Basically
Credit Card = Banks Money (Which you pay back monthly)
Debit Card = Your Money (Which can be lost immediately and a pain in the *** to get back quickly)

Not to mention that when using a credit card the money that gets "tied up" (as you said, OP) during disputes is credit as opposed to real funds. Always use a credit card for online purchases when possible. You may not have run into problems before, but by your own admission you are now. If you prefer using a debit card because it keeps you from falling into the trap of thinking you have more money than you do, then get a separate credit card through your bank that you only use for online purchases and pay it off immediately via transfer. That way you have the personal satisfaction of only using the money you have (so to speak) while enjoying the protections provided by a credit card.

Irun man

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have another issue. LG received my phone July 25, examined and estimated repair same day! Authorized with credit card info July 26. Tracking shows credit card payment authorized July 29, last status "RA closed, equipment returned to customer" July 30 however NO tracking number. Called August 1, the rep said FedEx hasn't picked up the package yet so no tracking... WHY IS IT JUST SITTING THERE??? On top of that, they didn't settle the credit card charge and it dropped off my account. What a joke.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have another issue. LG received my phone July 25, examined and estimated repair same day! Authorized with credit card info July 26. Tracking shows credit card payment authorized July 29, last status "RA closed, equipment returned to customer" July 30 however NO tracking number. Called August 1, the rep said FedEx hasn't picked up the package yet so no tracking... WHY IS IT JUST SITTING THERE??? On top of that, they didn't settle the credit card charge and it dropped off my account. What a joke.

Usually when the shipping paperwork is filled out, a tracking number is sent, but until the shipper actually has the package and schedules it for shipment, you can't track it. Perfectly normal.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 fell out of my pocket. The front glass cracked in the top left corner and only the top half of the touch screen continued to work. I took it to a local shop and waited 20 minutes for it to be repaired.

Derek Reeves

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish I'd taken your advice. Dealing with LG has been a nightmare. I broke my phone on September 25th and shipped it the next day. It got to them September 28th, but that was a Saturday, so they ended up not getting it until October 1st. I received an email October 3rd and called to make my $146 payment. They then said that I would have my phone within 3 - 5 business days. Fair enough. I figured it'd be back to me between October 8th and 10th. My boyfriend woke up today with a voice mail from LG saying that my payment was declined and they needed to collect before they could ship it. Funny thing is that they wouldn't even FIX it until they received payment... Which had already happened. We called LG. They said they showed no message that it had been declined, only that they needed to collect. We told them we'd paid already, but we'd been contacted about being declined. They told us to call our bank to find out why the payment had been declined. The bank told us that LG had placed a hold on my account, but never collected. They also told us that on top of the hold, they'd tried to charge my card again, but the credit limit had been reached, so the transaction was declined. They said to have LG contact them so the hold could be removed. Called LG back... They don't want to call the bank because they've never heard of such a thing. They want us to wait for the hold to fall off (Don't know how long that'll take... Could be 30 days.) then call back to make the payment. I've not had a phone for 2 weeks and it's very inconvenient. During all the talks I've had with LG, they also told me that they do not overnight phones for any reason even though I, the customer, expressed great displeasure. I'm a supervisor at work and my manager is ON ME about having a phone. It's a huge inconvenience to a lot of people, but they don't care at all.Now I wish I'd just taken it to someone locally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000