Unable to send MMS (pictures via text)

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my N4 for about a month now and I using T-Mobile. I've notice I have not been able to send MMS picture messages using the stock messaging app. I'm new to android but I know a few other family members who have Android devices on other carriers and they always have trouble in one form or another of sending or receiving picture messages. When I try to send a picture message (MMS) it just says "sending" and will continue to say that indefinitely. I can send picture messages fine using Facebook messenger or other apps that allow me to attach pictures in a message like Android Central App so I'm wondering is this a software (OS) issue or should I get in touch with T-Mobile?

Thanks
Mikey

ShashankNegi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked to see if your mobile data is turned "On"? That's usually the case. Facebook and other apps are able to send the pictures via wifi for the most part, but MMS doesn't and needs a data connection no matter what.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
That's what it was. They had to provision my line. Thanks for the help. Its working now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Tommie Long

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be a pervasive issue. I'm on Sprint and have tried two different Galaxy Nexus phones. I've downloaded Handcent SMS and now I can at least send/receive MMS.

Hope this helps!

lolitab

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxys3, and i had been going through the same thing. Since im with verizon i try not to use my data, so i use my wifi via clear box, so everything is free, and i dont use up my data plan, but the only thing with that is, i cant send pictures/video messages through
wifi. So i downloaded an app called "chomp sms", i love it,i not only can i send multiple pics, i can also send large videos also. Try that app. Once you download it, make sure you turn off your main messenger in order to keep from having two running at the same time.
When you go to the mms/sms settings in chomp, make
sure you select chomp as your default and for mms size, chose "no limit" and there you have it. Oh not to mention that app has a lot of fun features, you will love it as much as i do. Now that i have it, it seems like noone is sending me any pictures lol. Ok enjoy and spread the word..

VonTanner

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I stumbled upon this...on the bottom of my android are four icons that light up (left to right) a house, a folder(?) an arrow and a magnifying glass. Go to text messaging, write you message than hit the folder icon (second from the left on the bottom of your phone, outside the actual window) and it will show you 6 different options, one of which is attach. Hit attach and find your photo and send. Maybe this will help someone.
Chris VonTanner
Scream-like-a-girl Records

Attachments

• Photo on 9-23-13 at 10.40 PM #4.jpg
    Photo on 9-23-13 at 10.40 PM #4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 132

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Just download Textra from the Playstore. Had it when I was on ST earlier in the Summer when it was beta and then been using it since I jumped to TMobile around July. Best, small footprint, text/MMS app out there. Had MMS issues too with stock messaging app when I got on TMobile, but with Textra (and click off the 'Group MMS' setting) and wa-la! 100% perfect from then on.

Bob Bruschi

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Textra...best easiest fix....!
Seems that APN is the culprit and after jumping numerous hoops and days of dead ends most phones won't let you configure the Access Point Name so you're SOL......D-Load Textra and BAM 3min you're off and running SMS,MMS all fine and good, just force stop or uninstall default text prog.