Any suggestions for a good pedometer app?

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I've been using my nexus 4 for a few months now (coming from galaxy nexus)... I love my phone and the nexus experience!

On to my question... I remember Google now contained a pedometer card. Interestingly this card never showed up in my phone :-(
Not sure about the reason. I've been looking for a decent reliable app and surprisingly there are not many... Would someone please make any recommendations?

All I need is for the app to reliably track my steps and let me know how much of walking I do in general

Thanks in advance!

Nexus 4
Posted via Android Central App

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I like Jog Tracker, but I'm not sure that it does steps. I have a personal pedometer that I wear and like, the FitBit One.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind knowing what triggers the activity card in Google Now either. It should display walking and biking distances, but I have done plenty of each over the past few months without the card showing up. I took a quick look through the Now/Maps/Location settings and couldn't find any mention of it.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've used the free version of Endomondo for years on two phones, and it's always been reliable and pretty accurate. It tracks distance in miles/kilometers, but as far as I know, not in steps.

anon(396452)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I used MapMyRun for awhile but it stopped working during a couple of walks so I ditched it and switched to RunKeeper a week ago. Similar features, so far so good. Both have free versions.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've used the free version of Endomondo for years on two phones, and it's always been reliable and pretty accurate. It tracks distance in miles/kilometers, but as far as I know, not in steps.

Thanks... I will give it a try!

Nexus 4
Posted via Android Central App