How to delete contact numbers from phone book in nexus 4

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Open the ''People'' app, tap the contact' tap the 3 dots lower right corner and chose delete contact.

Apologies, my bad!

I don?t have People or any other contacts app on my phone as I access contacts through either my dialler or messages and had completely forgotten that option! :-[

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I see how to delete a contact but how about just editing a contact? Is there a way to do this?

They say the Good Lord helps those who help themselves...

Did you look at all? Open a contact in People by tapping on it, tap the menu icon at top right corner of screen, tap Edit.

juliancarney

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
To delete them permanently (both at gmail and your android) better do it from gmail, buti if you just want to delete from your android and keep them at gmail you should first disable synchronization with gmail (otherwise if you delete at your android they will probably reappear when synching or they will be deleted at gmail too), and then you can delete one by one using the contacts (or "people" or "address book") built-in application or better use a specific one. Look for MiniContacts at Google Play store, it allows you to delete any contact easily, even by groups with one click (ie. all those originated by gmail sync).
But remember to disable the synchronization before...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No such menu. Android 4.2.2 - Just a star to favourite. Which is not the objective.

Well, presuming we are talking about a Nexus 4 (that is the title of this forum), then there is no reason to believe that the user would be running an OS which is several minor point versions and two major point versions behind the current 4.4.4.

If you have some reason for not running the current OS (or are rooted and running custom ROM/kernel), then that should be stated up front. Otherwise, people such as myself are going to assume that you are running the same software and have the same menu choices as the vast majority of other Nexus 4 owners.

Back in August, 2013, when I posted that comment, anyone running the then current OS should have had the same functionality as I had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar