And people complain about the Nexus 4.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: And people complain about the nexus 4.

It happens every once in a while. Batteries have a mind of their own sorta speak and whenever these type of unfortunate situations arise it catches the headlines very quickly.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: And people complain about the nexus 4.

It happens every once in a while. Batteries have a mind of their own sorta speak and whenever these type of unfortunate situations arise it catches the headlines very quickly.

That's really sad. :(

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Apparently, the battery that exploded was not made by Samsung, even though it had a Samsung logo on it. It sounds like it was a counterfeit product. In this case, Samsung was not liable. You can read more details here.

The important lesson is that whether you own a Nexus 4, a Samsung Galaxy S3, or something else, always buy from a trusted vendor. If you don't, you may be injured like the woman in the article was.

People who own Samsung products (including the Nexus 10, the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus S, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition) can rest a little easy now. If Samsung had a reputation for exploding phones, Google would never let them make any Nexus and stock Android devices. That would reflect badly on Google.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I seem to only hear these types of stories for the Galaxy series. I heard one where some guy's house burnt down. He said his phone got so hot, he threw it on his couch which let to his whole house burning down.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I seem to only hear these types of stories for the Galaxy series. I heard one where some guy's house burnt down. He said his phone got so hot, he threw it on his couch which let to his whole house burning down.

Somewhat off topic but my neighbors house burnt down due to a laptop left on on the bed. True story. Those batteries can get hot! Sat my kids down that morning and had a serious talk about leaving electronics on soft surfaces.
Note to all...if your N4 gets hot don't toss it on the couch!

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

That's horrible! Did they ever do an investigation? If Samsung was found to be liable, did the home owner sue for damages?

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on now. But I think I read it in Yahoo. It was some guy in China. I don't think the Chinese government cares.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on now. But I think I read it in Yahoo. It was some guy in China. I don't think the Chinese government cares.

I heard that there are a lot of counterfeit products in China. Do you think that's true? I wonder if the guy in China bought a counterfeit battery. That would help explain the fire.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer