Been using LTE for a day now in the greater Philly area. Snapped a screenshot driving in to work this morning (at a stoplight). While this one isn't all that impressive I was getting over 25mbs down AND up last night. I suppose they're working things out or just congested this morning, but this is still higher up speeds than I get on HSPA+ (but regularly get 6 - 20mbs down). Haven't noticed a significant battery drain over the 24hrs, radio switches lightning fast between LTE/HSPA (and sadly edge at work...concrete bunker outside city), and everything works as it should. I'm pumped! Thanks Google for letting the backdoor wiiiiide open! Anyone else? Cheers.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-12-2013 08:56 AM
    Lol I can't post a screenshot from the app? Weak. Am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-12-2013 08:58 AM
    Had to get the old app...

T-Mobile LTE on Nexus 4 in Philly-1373638480490.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-12-2013 09:15 AM
    Just to confirm - that does break Google Now, right?
    07-12-2013 11:03 AM
    I read that somewhere as well, but nope, all seems fine with Google Now. I got my normal traffic notifications etc. I used this fantastic zip from bpear96 on XDA that flashes the radio, changes the build prop, etc all in one. So perhaps the issue is with people who only flash the radio and do the dialer trick.
    07-12-2013 12:46 PM
    Whoa, now you've piqued my curiosity - losing Google Now was preventing me from doing it. But now it looks like I have a project for the weekend.

Do you have a link handy for the zip? I'm on XDA now but not seeing it for some reason...
    07-12-2013 12:59 PM
    Sure, np. Let me know how it works for you. If you want to revert back for whatever reason, just dirty flash your rom/gapps (and non LTE radio if you want).

[ZIP] All in One LTE Enabler, Flash ONE zip, and have BAND 4 LTE on any ROM - xda-developers
    07-12-2013 01:01 PM
    Doesn't really "break" it per say. From my experience enabling LTE while using Tmo, the phone won't pull cell tower location info. So aGPS (not GPS) doesn't work while using LTE on the N4. As such, certain apps (i.e. Google Now) won't update or work correctly since the location isn't known...unless you get your location to lock manually on your phone (i.e. opening Maps and getting a location lock). Note that obviously GPS does take longer to get a location than aGPS, usually.

I honestly just toggle between HSPA+ and LTE when needed. And yes, it's worth it IMO.

07-12-2013 11:48 PM
    Haven't noticed a significant battery drain over the 24hrs, radio switches lightning fast between LTE/HSPA (and sadly edge at work...concrete bunker outside city), and everything works as it should.
    Please let us know how the battery holds up after a week or two. I think a lot of people are wondering if LTE is a major battery hog.

A more important question: Geno's or Pat's?
    07-13-2013 04:11 PM
    I've been using LTE for about three weeks now. I have noticed a little more battery drain when using LTE. I just got a chance to use the navigation and it didn't work well with the LTE. I switch back to the standard network and I had no problems with navigation.
    07-14-2013 06:10 PM
    A more important question: Geno's or Pat's?
    Neither, unless you want to deal with racist employees and overpriced, overrated cheesesteaks.
    gone down south and mcs like this.
    07-15-2013 01:20 AM
    Please.
    07-15-2013 01:40 AM
    Maybe I missed something simple but this didn't work for me. I flashed through recovery and followed the instructions listed. Selected the LTE/GSM/CDMA auto and then I lose signal. Nothing happens unless I put it back to normal.

I am running stock rooted, if that matters.
    07-15-2013 03:56 PM
    Bump?
    07-17-2013 10:16 PM