Hi everyone!
    I'm a (soon) new Android user and I'm looking for the best (obviously, for me) Android device out there.
    Being an iPhone user, I've always looked at Nexus as "perfect phones" I would have used eventually. Anyway, phones like Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are difficult not to consider.

What I can say is that I love stock Android and I love receiving updates, especially because 5.0 is around the corner. But I also know that I love "good and sexy hardware" and there are 3 things I need: a solid battery life to get through the day; a decent camera to take pictures during my trips and to watch them later on my Mac; a good screen.

I'm really confused. I've played some minutes with all the three and I cannot decide.
    I love that the Nexus 4 is updated by Google; I love the sexy hardware and feel of the HTC One; I love.. ehm.. here is a little more difficult, but I've read that battery life and camera are very good.

Why have I asked here about these three phones?
    Because I think that here there are more people.. like me, that loves timely updates and Nexus but, maybe, have tried these other phones.

I'm planning to buy my new phone around Monday - Tuesday. I'm really excited!

Thank you.
    07-14-2013 03:57 AM
    Hi Nico. The nexus 4 is a great device. You would not go wrong with getting one. If you are not concerned with the lack of lte, you will love it. I had one for a while before I chose my one. I do miss not having 4.2.2 but I am sure it will come. Pure vanilla android is great and the device is so easy to root using wugfresh's nexus tool kit.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app
    niko_orsini likes this.
    07-14-2013 04:32 AM
    Hi Nico. The nexus 4 is a great device. You would not go wrong with getting one. If you are not concerned with the lack of lte, you will love it. I had one for a while before I chose my one. I do miss not having 4.2.2 but I am sure it will come. Pure vanilla android is great and the device is so easy to root using wugfresh's nexus tool kit.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app
    Thank you for the answer.
    I forgot to say that I don't live in the US, I'm Italian, so:

1. LTE isn't a big deal, yet, for me: here it isn't available everywhere, only in big cities;
    2. I can't buy Google Play Editions.

Thank you again!
    07-14-2013 05:08 AM
    I like my N4
    And money wise it's a good choice. Also, it's unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    niko_orsini likes this.
    07-14-2013 11:03 AM
    I love my Nexus 4, it's a fantastic phone and you can't beat the price. That said, if the camera is really important to you the Samsung S4 is definitely worth a look. The Nexus camera is serviceable, and you can get some great shots out of it but based on what I've seen you'll get consistently better shots out of the S4 camera. The HTC One excels at night shots, so that's something else to consider.

All three phones are good choices, with pros and cons. All else equal, go with price.
    niko_orsini likes this.
    07-15-2013 12:35 PM
    Mine arrived today having moved from an iPhone 4S and it's the bomb!!! Stock all the way, guarantee those sweet updates as soon as they come out. I'm all for latest and greatest tech, but the resale values on Nexus are so good that when a new one comes out later in the year the trade up cost will be minimal. It's a move you won't regret (and that's coming from someone that had an iphone until today)!

Posted via Android Central App
    niko_orsini likes this.
    07-15-2013 05:15 PM