Disable fave unlocking

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

So I was playing around with my new Nexus 4 last night and tried out the face unlock feature. It was fun for a day but I'm already board of it!!! So I wanted to revert to just my PIN code but I can't seem to do it. The Face Unlock option is the only one I can adjust. The Slide, None and Pattern options are greyed out with the 'disabled my admin, encryption policy' message. This device isn't on my Exchange server and therefore not subject to any of my lock down policies for MDM so I'm properly confused. The only thing that's changed is today I encrypted the device, but I wouldn't expect that to prevent me altering my security settings.

Any thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
OK so I seem to have pin back so i can ditch the face detection, but not pattern or slide options. So now its less about having the setting I want and more about where this administrator restriction is coming from.

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Reading some stuff on the Google developer pages it hints that the device encryption enforces PIN codes. I can kind of understand that. Seems odd though that you would disable pattern unlock but leave face detection unlock available as to me I would presume that pattern unlock is more secure and difficult to bypass on an intercepted device that flaky face detection.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Way to Google it and figure it out yourself and report back in case anyone else has the issue. Earned a thanks:)

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't until I started googling 'Android encryption policy' instead of 'disable nexus face unlock' that I got somewhere!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis