Why is my phone not displaying the correct number under phone "Status"?

rachel666666666

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have just ported my old number from O2 to Three today. I received a text from Three to confirm that they have completed the porting process. With the Three SIM installed in my phone, I tried calling my old number and my phone rang. I also tried calling others and texting others, and my old number on O2 was showing up on all the caller IDs and texts... so that means that the porting went through fine.

So... everything is fine. The phone (Google Nexus 4) works fine too. Except...

On the phone "Status" page (accessible by going to Settings > About Phone > Status)
the original number on my new Three SIM is shown instead of my old number on O2. Even though the porting process has taken place correctly and the original number on the new Three SIM no longer exists.

Why is that? I know this does not affect the operation of my phone in any way but this is just quite annoying.

I have tried powering on and off my phone a zillion times, plus I have tried going to Recovery mode and wiping out cache partition. None of that works.
The only other thing left that I haven't tried is to perform a factory reset.
I am really reluctant to do this as this means I will have to reinstall all my apps and info again... but if that is what I have to do, then I will. I don't want to do it though, unless that really is the solution for my issue here.

So can anyone tell me what I can do to get my phone to display my old O2 number on Phone Status again? It used to... before I made the change from O2 network to Three network.

TIA

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me before when I switched carriers. You might wanna call Three CS and they can walk you through getting that corrected.