Data Connection Not Working on Nexus 4

AlexanderJJJ

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just received a white unlocked Nexus 4 8GB in the mail and while I've been joying pretty much everything about it, it seems when I try to turn on my data connection nothing happens. On the signal bar it's still grey and no type of data signal shows. When I load up a webpage nothing happens too. I'm using a US unlocked version on AT&T. Anyone know a way to fix this?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Does it turn on? You may have to set up data APN for you provider

- - - Updated - - -

Does it turn on? You may have to set up data APN for you provider

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
You need to set up the proper apn on your device. It's not a big deal I'm an AT&t customer and had to do the same. Search the forum for inductions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AlexanderJJJ

May 24, 2013
Visit site
You need to set up the proper apn on your device. It's not a big deal I'm an AT&t customer and had to do the same. Search the forum for inductions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My father has a Galaxy Nexus that he's also using on AT&T and checked the APN settings were exactly the same as my Nexus 4, so I don't think APN is the problem..

Posted via Android Central App

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but covering all bases before answering. Did you purchase an 4/4G data plan with your SIM card? Use the APN that has mobile.att.net in its settings. And delete the default APN - you call always get it back later.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta