Im looking at getting a Nexus 4 as a back up/ play phone. But I have a few questions before I go and do this

How bad is the battery life? Ive found that a lot of people on here seem to say its horrible. I currently have an Iphone 5 and a Blackberry Z10 and find that both of their batteries get me throughout the day with about 40% left at the end of the day.

How are people who have the 8gig version finding their use to be? I tend to take a lot of pictures but stream all my music, podcasts and movies.

How is the camera quality? I dont need something thats amazing, but want to be able to enjoy my pictures

What rom is everyone using on theirs? Ive never flashed a phone before, but am really interested in trying it with the Nexus

Any other tips and tricks would be awesome as well!
    07-21-2013 04:35 PM
    Im looking at getting a Nexus 4 as a back up/ play phone. But I have a few questions before I go and do this

How bad is the battery life? Ive found that a lot of people on here seem to say its horrible. I currently have an Iphone 5 and a Blackberry Z10 and find that both of their batteries get me throughout the day with about 40% left at the end of the day.

How are people who have the 8gig version finding their use to be? I tend to take a lot of pictures but stream all my music, podcasts and movies.

How is the camera quality? I dont need something thats amazing, but want to be able to enjoy my pictures

What rom is everyone using on theirs? Ive never flashed a phone before, but am really interested in trying it with the Nexus

Any other tips and tricks would be awesome as well!
    Battery isn't the best however I wouldn't say it sucks a lot. It gets me to 5:30 PM. Camera is great! You really don't need to run a ROM I am just rooted and running Franco kernel, I have used AOKP for the majority of the time. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App
    07-21-2013 04:45 PM
    Battery isn't the best however I wouldn't say it sucks a lot. It gets me to 5:30 PM. Camera is great! You really don't need to run a ROM I am just rooted and running Franco kernel, I have used AOKP for the majority of the time. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App
    What time do you start your day? I like a phone that can go from at least 9am-10pm with normal use
    07-21-2013 06:06 PM
    What time do you start your day? I like a phone that can go from at least 9am-10pm with normal use
    6:30AM off charger. Define normal use? How long is the screen on? for me it is 4 hours of on screen time on wifi and 3 and a half on 3G with about 60% brightness and bluetooth mostly off,about 4 calls, 200 texts, 2 emails not push or fetch(manual) If you can tell me the way you use it then I could help more.
    07-21-2013 06:20 PM
    6AM off charger. Define normal use? How long is the screen on? for me it is 4 hours of on screen time on wifi and 3 and a half on 3G with about 60% brightness and bluetooth mostly off.
    Normal use for me would be about 3 - 4 hours of on screen time. Brightness 40-60% depending... I haven't seen it in person yet but I normally keep my phones around there. Bluetooth off and wifi on for about 20% of the time, maybe a bit more, but I don't have wifi at work
    07-21-2013 06:23 PM
    Normal use for me would be about 3 - 4 hours of on screen time. Brightness 40-60% depending... I haven't seen it in person yet but I normally keep my phones around there. Bluetooth off and wifi on for about 20% of the time, maybe a bit more, but I don't have wifi at work
    Should be fine then.
    07-21-2013 06:34 PM
    Should be fine then.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info!
    07-21-2013 06:35 PM
    For the camera, take a look at the sample shots in the sticky post. You can definitely get some quality shots with the Nexus camera, but it's not the best cell phone camera out there. Personally I've found it adequate for my needs.
    07-21-2013 08:32 PM