Sending empty sms

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My network provider requires me to send an empty sms in order to activate some services. But as you know it's impossible to do that on android! (pressing "space" and "enter" key doesn't work either)
I Just want to make sure there is not any solution that I'm missing. I don't like alternative messaging apps! And please tell me if you know a effective way to inform google about my problems (I have a Nexus 4) .

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Try sending SMS via Facebook Messenger. You can set it as your SMS client using the settings in the app.

Posted via Android Central App

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had many providers over the years and never heard of having to send empty messages to activate services.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Who is your provider and exactly what services will sending an empty message activate??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I live in Iran.I'm using the first common provider here! "IR-TCI" And I want to activate GPRS . An empty sms is required in order to receive the settings. My friend with iPhones didn't have any problem with activating GPRS because they can send empty sms.But I had to install GO SMS.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums