Have You Gotten Jelly Bean 4.3? Thread

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll be the one to start the who got 4.3 thread this time around :)

As of 12:40PM in Toronto I have not received the update yet (and I am not surprised)

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm downloading the image for the Nexus 4 version 4.3
But I have no idea how to install it. Anyone here know?

Posted via Android Central App

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Guessing its a staged rollout and may not get it for a week or 2

There is no way. They already have the APIs and 4.3 image available. Why would they wait a week or two. Pointless
plus AC said "Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will be hitting Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10 devices from today"
Plus Vegas is only couple hundred miles from SF. So I should be soon, Just saying

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
There is no way. They already have the APIs and 4.3 image available. Why would they wait a week or two. Pointless
plus AC said "Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will be hitting Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10 devices from today"
Plus Vegas is only couple hundred miles from SF. So I should be soon, Just saying

They said the ota is rolling out and I still don't have it

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From today... If they try to OTA every device at once it would most likely crash their servers.

Add up all the Galaxy Nexus GSM phones, the Nexus 4 phones, the Nexus 7 tablets and the Nexus 10 tablets. Now divide by patience.

It's probably based on IMEI # and will be OTAed in batches.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter how close you are. An OTA update is rolled out in stages or batches because the servers can't handle the immense amount of traffic if everyone was to update at once.

There is no way. The. already have the APIs and 4.3 image available. Why would they wait a week or two. Pointless

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm checking frequently as well but I'm well aware of the phased roll outs, I'll be checking this thread to see who has and hasn't received the new goodness.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter how close you are. An OTA update is rolled out in stages or batches because the servers can't handle the immense amount of traffic if everyone was to update at once.

considering they have over 2 million servers and the fact that each server could probably serve 50 Hits per second. Which can handle 100 Million Hits a Second. Plus the traffic Google accrues with Yearly. 600 Million Users Total. (which includes android, chorme, search, etc) Considering every Google User in the world is on within that Minute evenly will be 10 Million People per second. and there are only 3 million Nexus 4s. 7 million Nexus 7s. around 1 million Nexus 10s. and about 1 million GNs. so that is 12 million updates total, and the update is 355 MB large. Which could take a normal user around one minute to download (on wifi or LTE) Around 6MB per second. So I see no reason for them to take "weeks". If they wanted... without even phasing their servers. They could push out the update to everyone every minute within 30 minutes. (considering everyone downloads it right of way within one minute)
I know its "rolling out" but I highly doubt it will take weeks. Google has the power.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
considering they have over 2 million servers and the fact that each server could probably serve 50 Hits per second. Which can handle 100 Million Hits a Second. Plus the traffic Google accrues with Yearly. 600 Million Users. Considering every Google User in the world is on within that Minute evenly will be 10 Million People per second. and there are only 3 million Nexus 4s. 7 million Nexus 7s. and around 1 million Nexus 10s. and about 1 million GNs. so that is 12 million updates that, and the update is 355 MB large. Which could take a normal user around one minute to download (on wifi or LTE) Around 6MB per second. So I see no reason for them to take "weeks". If they wanted... without even phasing there servers. They could push out the update to everyone every minute within 30 minutes. (considering everyone downloads it right of way within one minute)
I know its "rolling out" but I highly doubt it will take weeks. Google has the power.

They have tons of different servers for many different objectives. Many for search for example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The reason of the phased roll out is mostly to minimize possible issues if for some reason the OTA bricks phones or a critical bug is found.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
They have tons of different servers for many different objectives. Many for search for example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

The reason of the phased roll out is mostly to minimize possible issues if for some reason the OTA bricks phones or a critical bug is found.

I agree. I know they wont do it all within one day. Bug issues should be taken care of with all the beta testers. plus On the off chance they rest of the entire population to internet access (2.4 Billion) decides to use Google today. Im just trying to say that I know google Could if they wanted. So we can all reap the benefit here.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463