Have You Gotten Jelly Bean 4.3? Thread

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
considering they have over 2 million servers and the fact that each server could probably serve 50 Hits per second. Which can handle 100 Million Hits a Second. Plus the traffic Google accrues with Yearly. 600 Million Users Total. (which includes android, chorme, search, etc) Considering every Google User in the world is on within that Minute evenly will be 10 Million People per second. and there are only 3 million Nexus 4s. 7 million Nexus 7s. around 1 million Nexus 10s. and about 1 million GNs. so that is 12 million updates total, and the update is 355 MB large. Which could take a normal user around one minute to download (on wifi or LTE) Around 6MB per second. So I see no reason for them to take "weeks". If they wanted... without even phasing their servers. They could push out the update to everyone every minute within 30 minutes. (considering everyone downloads it right of way within one minute)
I know its "rolling out" but I highly doubt it will take weeks. Google has the power.

I have a nexus 4 and 7 in Kenya. It would take me an hour and a half to download updates on both of them :D

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Everything gets rolled out in phases. Some people may wait a few days or so while others get it right away. Location, serial number, animal sacrifices and prayer will have no effect.

Everyone hates waiting but that's how it gets done. Sit tight! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Everything gets rolled out in phases. Some people may wait a few days or so while others get it right away. Location, serial number, animal sacrifices and prayer will have no effect.

Everyone hates waiting but that's how it gets done. Sit tight! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wish you posted this before the bunny incident....Ooops

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, I wasn't expecting anyone to really get the OTA today made this thread kind of in advance. glad everyone's enjoying it though!

Guyzer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
okay im a noob, i got the 4.3 how do i get it on my nexus7. someone said fastboot but no links were provided. i googled and still nothing

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh well, at least I shouldn't have to wait as long as I did on my old Samsung Epic (galaxy no number) that seemed to be last in line ;).

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If someone gets the update notification, they should pull the update zip for us so we can all sideload. I know I will if I get it first.

Kyle Austin

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Does it matter if I got my nexus 4 rooted... And well I still get the OTA update and I'm in Canada to lol and well something pop up saying I have to update my nexus 4 or well I have to do it manual lol and I got a nexus 4 update checker and it says that I received my OTA already but its not showing up on were u click system update.... Someone help me please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21