OTA link

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have a link for the OTA yet? Patience is a virtue I don't have much of.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
OTA doesn't have a link... OTA stands for Over The Air. It's a push from Google via cellular data and WiFi connection. It will roll out in waves. Yours will come when it comes and is most likely based on IMEI #.

That said, the Factory Image is available from the usual place for immediate download. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

actually it does have a link. when ota is pushed you can grab the link where the ota is downloaded from and used it to flash from recovery.

the difference between factory image and ota(download) is factory contain all but ota download only has the part that changed from previous version

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
It will have a link. Every ota comes with a link to the server it was loaded from. Just have to open it and find the link. I don't know how exactly to do it but I've updated via manually downloading the ota for every update we've had with the nexus.

Posted via Android Central App

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
OTA doesn't have a link... OTA stands for Over The Air. It's a push from Google via cellular data and WiFi connection. It will roll out in waves. Yours will come when it comes and is most likely based on IMEI #.

That said, the Factory Image is available from the usual place for immediate download. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

I believe they do. It is a little process to get to it though. I think you download it but don't install/reboot and then you have to get logcat to get URL. I'm not for sure because someone else always gets it first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not sharable like the OP is asking for, is it?

Wouldn't it just lead to the same server fed by the Factory Images page?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not sharable like the OP is asking for, is it?

Wouldn't it just lead to the same server fed by the Factory Images page?

actually google wont publish ota link but all update happens behind the scene in android.

some smart geeks grab it and post it so that others can download the ota directly from google server and flash it yourself.