I just bought a Nexus 4. It had no scratches on the screen at all when I got it. Within 2 weeks it now has quite a few light small scratches in quite a few places enough that I can feel some of em with my fingernails. I've never dropped it or rubbed on anything other than its leather pouch I wear on my belt. Its the same Reiko leather belt pouch I used with my previous Droid 2 but bigger. For 3 years I had my Droid 2 and to this day never had ANY scratches on the screen at all and it never had a screen protector, just a basic hard case and naked screen. The Gorilla Glass stayed scratch free for 3 years so I didn't bother with a screen protector on the Nexus. But the Nexus 4 Gorilla Glass 2 didn't make it even a month. On the back glass I would expect it since its not Gorilla Glass at all but on the front I am quite shocked. If Gorilla Glass can survive 3 years GG 2 should have fared better not worse. Seems to me GG2 is not as scratch resistant as GG1. Oh BTW I have the Ringke Fusion case on the Nexus to protect all its other surfaces.

Adam
    07-24-2013 02:13 PM
    Had a Captivate for almost 3 years without only the faintest of scratches, I'm talking screen off full sunlight hunting to see them. 6 Months with Nexus 4 and I see just as many of the small scratches\swirls PLUS 3 that I can actually feel with my finger nail. Quite clear to me the G2 or at least the batch of G2 that I got is not as strong. With that said, can someone recommend the best screen protector to conceal scratches for N4?
    08-09-2013 12:34 PM
    I've had my Nexus 4 since December and I don't have any scratches... front or back. No.. I don't use a bumper or protective case.
    08-09-2013 01:24 PM