2 noob questions (gallery + calender)

nongbee77

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

First post on this forum, I'll get to the point.

I'm loving my Nexus 4 :D (except maybe battery life) and there are two things that I really can't figure out:

1) How to create a calendar synch with my girlfriends Nexus 7 so that we can see each other's appointments (I have a private and a work account, and I want her to see all my appointments, she only has a private account)

2) How to created new folders in the gallery so that I can sort my pictures.

I've been looking like crazy, but I can't find it :-[

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can answer #2. Download a file manager app. I use 'File Manager' it works great. You can create folders, sort out your photos.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

nongbee77

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I can answer #2. Download a file manager app. I use 'File Manager' it works great. You can create folders, sort out your photos.

Thanks.
I have file manager, and I've tried to create a new folder in DCIM\camera , but I can't see the folder in my gallery. It seems weird that there is no easy drag and drop functionality in the gallery. I used to have it in my gingerbread phone?

edit: Astro file manager works.:) Still, it seems like a hassle for what should be a standard feature.

Last edited:

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
1. You need to share your calendar. There doesn?t seem to be a way to do this from the Calendar app.
Visit the Google Calendar site on a desktop browser. Hover over the calendar you wish to share (on the left bar). You should see a downward triangle appear. Click that to open the menu and there?s an option to share the calendar.
Repeat on your gf?s account.
Then just make sure all your calendars are synced on your N7?s.

2. You won?t see any folders in the Gallery app that doesn?t have photos. Also, it?s not necessary to create folders within ?DCIM\camera\? for it to show up in the Gallery app. The Gallery app will pick up any folder in the storage partition.

nongbee77

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Visit the Google Calendar site on a desktop browser. Hover over the calendar you wish to share (on the left bar). You should see a downward triangle appear. Click that to open the menu and there?s an option to share the calendar.
Repeat on your gf?s account.
Then just make sure all your calendars are synced on your N7?s.

Thanks, doing this now, and will do this tonight for my gf. This seems to work for the google calendars, Is it possible to make this work for the account on the corporate exchange server?