Increased Battery Life with 4.3

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I Flashed 4.3 probably a good thirty hours ago, but I didn't get around to a battery test till today.
Previously on 4.22 was averaging about 10-12 hours with the battery, with 3-4.5 hours of on screen time about mid brightness. This does include WiFi on and random phone calls throughout the day. Unfortunately last night I was working and couldn't do a test, so I did it today... there was a few interruptions e.g about 5 phone calls nothing major and I accidentally plugged my charger in for about two minutes at tops out of habit. This test was under very heavy usage, I clocked the screen fade time to a whopping 30 minutes, played on hangout all day with some guys from the forums while posting reports in all day long.So here are the results it was on about 6hrs 22 minutes, with a screen time of 5hrs and 38 minutes when it has 2% left, I don't know the exact figure but it was about 5hrs and 50 minutes on screen time when it died.

Here's some proof.

Attachments

• 2013-07-26.png
    2013-07-26.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 2013-07-26 (2).png
    2013-07-26 (2).png
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 2013-07-26 (1).png
    2013-07-26 (1).png
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:

Aman Gujral

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: solid battery life improvement

What is the brightness percentage u use . because i m using 50% brightness and i barely get 3 hours on screen time on android 4.2.2 on my nexus 4

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I generally run mine at 50% and at the lower end during the night and morning averaging mainly 4-4.5 hours so i am not sure why you would be barely getting 3 - however for today's usage for the whole 6 hours it was at the 50% or thereabouts as shown in the image I have attached to the original post.

Submitted from The Android Central App & a Nexus 4

Last edited:

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

If this really does work as well as it is for you...My phone will run 2 days on one charge lol.

I am not a very heavy user and i easily manage to get a good 16-18 hours of use out of one charge, so anything more will just make it easier to use the phone without worrying about the battery dying.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I usually get through the day, I just wanted to see how long I could get my screen on for and really didn't want to wait ages seeing the Max time I could get on it. I am wanting to see what it will be like on a busy day at uni when I won't be on my phone as much.

I take it your not a heavy user than :)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, thanks for posting this. Just waiting for the OTA now (too lazy to side load). I rarely had a problem going all day with a chunk of battery left, this will just make it better!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Trust me ota is the way I'm going when I get my girlfriends nexus 4 back from repair. Unrooting trying to force an update. Than flashing. Re rooting etc was too much hassle. Nice but a hassle. Good luck hopefully it arrives soon for you.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's amazing!!! Also just an FYI, if you updated to the new maps there is about 10% improvements in battery overall.

old maps use to run all the time and drain some battery even if you dont use it. The new maps is efficient and wont use battery if you dont use it.

Sergin

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a battery life increase as well and also that my nexus 4 is running cooler as well. All in all it was a nice update.

Posted via Android Central App

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks great! I have not problem gettting 4 - 5 SOT with AOKP PUB (optimized for the S4 Pro krait) and Franco, which was way more than stock. Really looking forward to see what the devs can do with 4.3.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My new N4 screen was just delivered today. I'm excited to get that sucker installed and update!

Posted via Android Central App

MannerHatch

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4 yesterday, drained the battery, updated to 4.3 and recharged overnight. Today on my first full charge I am at 50% battery with exactly 11 hours uptime and 2 hours of screen time, auto brightness and data on the whole time (no wifi use). Needless to say, I am pleased.