Hey I have 4.3 on my nexus 4 but my power control widget gets bugged - the icons don't change when i click them (the wifi. gps etc) even though they do work they still stay the same which is annoying . It gets fixed when i remove and add the power control widget again but only for a short period. Anyone else having this problem?
    bearda likes this.
    07-26-2013 09:58 PM
    I don't have any problem with it. Do you have another app that controls one of the settings on the power control widget?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on 4.3
    07-26-2013 10:49 PM
    Nop, not using anything besides nova launcher.
    07-27-2013 02:05 AM
    I'm seeing the same thing with 4.3 and Nova Launcher (Prime). It's not just the built-in power control widget, either. The Power Toggles widget acts similarly -- it works for a while, and then the indicator gets 'stuck.' If I delete the widget and then add it, it works again for a little while and then does the same thing. Doesn't seem to matter which toggle (e.g., It's not just the Wi-Fi or just the Bluetooth or any particular toggle). I haven't had a chance to try it with Nova uninstalled.
    07-29-2013 12:45 AM
    I'm seeing the same thing with 4.3 and Nova Launcher (Prime). It's not just the built-in power control widget, either. The Power Toggles widget acts similarly -- it works for a while, and then the indicator gets 'stuck.' If I delete the widget and then add it, it works again for a little while and then does the same thing. Doesn't seem to matter which toggle (e.g., It's not just the Wi-Fi or just the Bluetooth or any particular toggle). I haven't had a chance to try it with Nova uninstalled.
    Absolutely the same, and I tried with Power Toggles yesterday and still the same, not sure if its because of the nova or not, please if u happen to try without it share the info, ty.
    07-29-2013 07:11 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my nexus 4 using Nova Launcher... it does not happen when I use the regular Android launcher. It started when I got the 4.3 upgrade this past weekend... before that it worked perfectly with nova launcher
    07-29-2013 04:51 PM
    Yeap so we have to wait for an update to Nova it seems.
    07-29-2013 06:48 PM
    I'm so glad I found this post as I was so close to doing a tedious factory reset. I was having problems too as I use power toggles with nova launcher on my Nexus 4. But it's not only that I've got a few widgets which will play up on occasion and will stop working properly. Hopefully this will fixed soon.
    08-01-2013 02:32 PM
    Going to add the old "me too" to this. Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. Same issues - WiFi toggle works for a bit, then quits displaying changes until the bar is removed from the home screen and re-added. Then works for a bit...wash, rinse, repeat.

However, I've noticed the toggle *does* actually work. You just don't know because the icon doesn't change. Of course, since the icon doesn't change, you don't know if it registered the finger press so then you have to check anyway.
    08-01-2013 07:11 PM
    Going to add the old "me too" to this. Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. Same issues - WiFi toggle works for a bit, then quits displaying changes until the bar is removed from the home screen and re-added. Then works for a bit...wash, rinse, repeat.

However, I've noticed the toggle *does* actually work. You just don't know because the icon doesn't change. Of course, since the icon doesn't change, you don't know if it registered the finger press so then you have to check anyway.
    Yep looks like we're all using Nova Launcher while various widgets start playing up. Must be aan issue with Nova Launcher. Hopefuly they fix this soon cos I can't work like this, it's so frustrating to have to restart my phone everytime a widget plays up.
    bearda likes this.
    08-01-2013 11:42 PM
    I use Power Toggles with Apex Launcher and haven't had any problems. I'm sure Nova will be updated soon.
    08-02-2013 05:19 AM
    Just noticed the same thing on my Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. My WeatherBug widget doesn't update unless I remove and readd. I thought it was a problem with the widget until I tried Eye In The Sky and found out it does the same thing. Thanks for pointing me at Nova being the problem, I never would have thought of it.
    08-02-2013 09:13 AM
    Just noticed the same thing on my Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. My WeatherBug widget doesn't update unless I remove and readd. I thought it was a problem with the widget until I tried Eye In The Sky and found out it does the same thing. Thanks for pointing me at Nova being the problem, I never would have thought of it.
    It sucks cos I love using Nova Launcher so much. I actually tried going back to the stock launcher but I couldn't stand the persistent Google search bar and limited customization. I'm going to make a comment on the Google Play App page stating my issues. I suggest you do they same so that the devs for this app take notice. Hopefully the fix this asap...
    08-02-2013 09:43 AM
    I sent an email using the address for contacting the developer on Google Play.
    08-02-2013 09:56 AM
    I sent an email using the address for contacting the developer on Google Play.
    pure genius. I will do the same
    08-02-2013 10:02 AM
    Got a reply:

Kevin TeslaCoil
    2:02 PM (26 minutes ago)
    Fixed in the next update
    -Kevin (mobile)

Just a matter of time, now.
    08-02-2013 02:29 PM
    Got a reply:

Kevin TeslaCoil
    2:02 PM (26 minutes ago)
    Fixed in the next update
    -Kevin (mobile)

Just a matter of time, now.
    haha I just got:

Yes.
    -Kevin (mobile)

It's good to know Kevin's working on it, can' wait
    08-02-2013 07:56 PM
    I just received a new update for Nova Launcher lets hope this is the fix we were hoping for
    08-05-2013 05:45 PM
    I just received a new update for Nova Launcher lets hope this is the fix we were hoping for
    Looks like it does. I responded to the previous message and he confirmed that the widget fix was included in 2.2. Things are looking pretty good so far for my Nexus 4 and 7.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    08-05-2013 10:04 PM