ditched N4 for S4

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually more like ditched T-Mobile for Verizon. Live outside Phila and was dropping way too many calls so had to go back to the Dark Side.

Anybody else make the switch and wasn't happy with it?

I do miss my Nexus, especially since the update, but the S4 is pretty nice. The bloat is kinda ridiculous and touchwiz (I'd like to get rid of it but don't know how to root) has its faults, but after installing the Nova launcher and Google keyboard, it feels a bit more like my N4.

S4 via Android Central App

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
You couldn't get me to switch back if you tried. But really bad coverage can be a problem - did you consider trying an AT&T SIM card in the N4? Their prepaid pricing isn't quite as good as T-mobiles, but is still much better than contract payments to Verizon (or anyone else).

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also surprised that you didn't go with AT&T or gophone or Straight Talk. I am also outside Philly and I have been happy with AT&T's coverage (on the Straight Talk plan), although I am on the NJ side of Philly. I wouldn't particularly recommend Straight Talk, although good enough for me, but gophone has very good recommendations.

Maxcady

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would stab myself in the eye with a rusty nail before going back to VZW. And you gave up your N4?? Words fail me....

Posted via Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
lol @ maxcady ... yeah I wasn't happy about it but I run my business from it so coverage is the most important thing for me. I had 8 messages and the phone didn't ring once so had to do it.

I'm on the PA side of Philly in West Chester and AT&T doesn't get good coverage where I am. One lost sale and that wipes away a years worth of the savings so it would be foolish not to go back to Verizon.

I am keeping my N4 for personal use but still bummed out ... hands down THE best phone money can buy!

S4 via Android Central App

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have to give Verizon that. If I was doing something where I needed the absolute best coverage, Verizon stands out by a mile. I can't tell you how many times I was with people and no ones phone worked, and I would just hand my Verizon phone to them (with a smirk) and it always made a connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith