Four more days to wait....
    07-27-2013 04:43 PM
    Where fifth you get this information?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-27-2013 04:46 PM
    *Did

Posted via Android Central App
    07-27-2013 04:47 PM
    The Tech Guy show this afternoon, and he was at Google last week. He is on an NDA, but says wait for 4 days before you buy any phone. Home | TWiT.TV
    07-27-2013 04:48 PM
    07-27-2013 05:11 PM
    August 1st Moto X

Posted with Rootboxed N4 via Android Central App
    07-27-2013 05:17 PM
    And for the record, it is not the next nexus phone!
    07-27-2013 05:22 PM
    correct. Leo Laporte (The name of the broadcaster you listened to) has been practically swooning all week about how great he thinks the X is. I'm taking a wait and see approach because frankly Leo really isn't all that and a bag of chips when it comes to smartphone tech savvy. His opinions on mobile devices are more on the "average consumer" side of the equation, whereas I tend to take my reviews from the die hard smartphone tech junkies (hence why I don't buy smartphones from the current top 2 most 'popular' sellers ).
    MERCDROID likes this.
    07-27-2013 08:40 PM
    correct. Leo Laporte (The name of the broadcaster you listened to) has been practically swooning all week about how great he thinks the X is. I'm taking a wait and see approach because frankly Leo really isn't all that and a bag of chips when it comes to smartphone tech savvy. His opinions on mobile devices are more on the "average consumer" side of the equation, whereas I tend to take my reviews from the die hard smartphone tech junkies (hence why I don't buy smartphones from the current top 2 most 'popular' sellers ).
    Tell us who you think the smart phone tech junkies are?
    07-27-2013 09:43 PM
    Tell us who you think the smart phone tech junkies are?
    What purpose would that serve besides fueling your desire to goad an argument? I stated my opinion of Leo's take on smartphone tech. Nobody's forcing you to agree with it. Do I owe you money or something?
    MERCDROID likes this.
    07-27-2013 10:51 PM
    What purpose would that serve besides fueling your desire to goad an argument? I stated my opinion of Leo's take on smartphone tech. Nobody's forcing you to agree with it. Do I owe you money or something?
    You, obviously, owe him something lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mobile Nations mobile app
    07-27-2013 11:33 PM
    Aug 1 is a big day. That is the day VZW starts selling the HTC ONE! going to b a joyous day in deed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2013 11:39 PM
    I've pulled a few posts; let's all play nice here. There were a lot of differing opinions, hopes, and expectations before the Moto X reveal, but there's no need to get too personal with the debate.
    08-01-2013 04:51 PM
    Would be nice if the Nexus 4 got some of those voice features in an update. I would just keep my Nexus.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    08-01-2013 05:05 PM
    Would be nice if the Nexus 4 got some of those voice features in an update. I would just keep my Nexus.
    I certainly wouldn't mind giving the contextual awareness and touchless control features a spin on a Nexus 4 or the One, software and hardware permitting of course. More so the touchless control.
    08-01-2013 05:09 PM
    I've pulled a few posts; let's all play nice here. There were a lot of differing opinions, hopes, and expectations before the Moto X reveal, but there's no need to get too personal with the debate.
    Agreed. I'll leave the taunting out and just say this: It looks like my earlier opinion of Leo's take on smartphone tech was proven correct. There was none of the "innovations like nothing we've ever seen before" (paraphrasing him) and also he was unjustified in making statements to his coworkers like "I hope you can still return your HTC One because this phone will make you want to". And also "There are incredible things you'll see that haven't been leaked yet" really didn't turn out to be true either.
    08-01-2013 05:11 PM
    sounds like a really sweet phone - unlocked, low priced, small and uber functional. Exactly what the industry needs. Especially interesting is the design of the CPU and GPU...

Moto X finally official: Motorola X8, 4.7-inch 720p AMOLED, custom finishes, assembled in the USA from $199
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    08-01-2013 05:12 PM
    The voice features are neat. Also, I wouldn't mind having more customization options for the Nexus 4. As it stands, you can get your Nexus 4 in any color as long as it's black.

I'd like to think that Google is using the Moto X as a test run for possible marketing and sales strategies for future Nexus devices. If things work out for the Moto X, we may see things trickle down to the Nexus 4 and the next Nexus, too. Of course, that's all wishful thinking on my part.
    08-05-2013 04:22 AM
    The voice features are neat. Also, I wouldn't mind having more customization options for the Nexus 4. As it stands, you can get your Nexus 4 in any color as long as it's black.

I'd like to think that Google is using the Moto X as a test run for possible marketing and sales strategies for future Nexus devices. If things work out for the Moto X, we may see things trickle down to the Nexus 4 and the next Nexus, too. Of course, that's all wishful thinking on my part.
    Rumors are that Moto will be making the next Nexus so hopefully we'll see those features on the next Nexus.
    08-09-2013 07:03 PM