First Impressions - Nexus 4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I had a Galaxy S4 and was experiencing some overheating issues over the past few days so ended up buying a Nexus 4. I read a lot of great reviews and I must say I am very happy with this phone. It has a nice build quality to it, it is lightning quick and I am loving the lack of unnecessary apps we see on a lot of other phones.

While I thought I may miss my S4 to be honest while it is a great phone I don't find myself really missing it at all. Also - the price of the Nexus 4 is FANTASTIC.

Only had it an hour but so far I am absolutely loving it. Anyone use Nova Launcher Prime on it? If so, thoughts? I was using it on my S4.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes using Nova Prime since I got my N4 a couple months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3

Any idea why I can't log into the Android Central app on it? I put in my credentials and it says "Please Wait" and never goes past that point - been sitting for five minutes now.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I had a Galaxy S4 and was experiencing some overheating issues over the past few days so ended up buying a Nexus 4. I read a lot of great reviews and I must say I am very happy with this phone. It has a nice build quality to it, it is lightning quick and I am loving the lack of unnecessary apps we see on a lot of other phones.

While I thought I may miss my S4 to be honest while it is a great phone I don't find myself really missing it at all. Also - the price of the Nexus 4 is FANTASTIC.

Only had it an hour but so far I am absolutely loving it. Anyone use Nova Launcher Prime on it? If so, thoughts? I was using it on my S4.

Congrats on the N4, it's an awesome phone and I know you will love it! I have the HTC ONE Google Edition and it and the N4 are my two favorite phones off all time.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Never had that problem. I don't think it has anything to do with logging on using the app unless it's a problem with the app itself. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the android app or use tapatalk.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. Never had that problem. I don't think it has anything to do with logging on using the app unless it's a problem with the app itself. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the android app or use tapatalk.

Thanks, I really appreciate your quick replies. Few hours in and loving this phone - to be honest I never really ever thought of getting a Nexus. It was always a Galaxy phone for me but I am loving this phone and am glad I made the choice I did.

Reddzilla

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sadly have not had a chance to play around with any. But I've heard great things about the 7

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Sadly have not had a chance to play around with any. But I've heard great things about the 7

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Me too, I am hearing great things about it. I had a Note 8 and it was truly great, the S-Pen comes in handy but I was not a real lover of the screen. Over time I determined it just wasn't good enough and ultimately ended up returning it. It was expensive and maybe a little too over-priced.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I am in a similar boat. Had a note 2 for a few months sold it and moved to the Nexus 4. Love it. I miss my note 2 but I wouldn't go back. The Nexus 4 is just so seamless and 4.3 has made it that much better. I am going to be rocking this phone for a while.

Posted via Android Central App

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you feel is the best Android tablet to compliment it? Nexus 7?

The Nexus 7 is an amazing tablet and complements the Nexus 4 wonderfully. You feel comfortable on one you will feel comfortable on the other. I would suggest looking into the Nexus 7 2013 model just released. Slimmer profile, 1080p screen, higher ppi, 2gb ram... And slightly better design imo. If I didn't have my current nexus 7 I would be jumping all over it.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs