my phone crash after update to android 4.3

avolfman

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello

after updating my phone to the new 4.3 android version it crashes with the message

"unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped'

i even rebooted my device but it still crashes

how can i fix this?

thanks

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello

after updating my phone to the new 4.3 android version it crashes with the message

"unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped'

i even rebooted my device but it still crashes

how can i fix this?

thanks

Try clearing the cache/data on the phone app.
Settings > Apps > Swipe right to All > Phone > Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop
Then try to see if it crashes

After that, youcould try a factory reset but that'll wipe everything and you'll need to re-set it all up. You'll also lose any saved game progress and stuff.

Anton Urusov

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Moreover, factory reset didn't help. Also Samsung Kies doesn't recognize my phone after update.

After factory reset Software update icon appeared. But when I'm trying to update software, I receive "Processing failed" message

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Moreover, factory reset didn't help. Also Samsung Kies doesn't recognize my phone after update.

After factory reset Software update icon appeared. But when I'm trying to update software, I receive "Processing failed" message

Are you talking about the LG Nexus 4 or the Samsung GNexus? The LG N4 does not use Kies.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

tomasalmeida

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I got the same problem doing the OTA to 4.3 on my Nexus 4. After that, I tried to app clean and unfortunately a factory reset. Neither things worked for me (believe me, it is really annoying configure your phone when the phone app crashes each second).

To solve the problem, I followed the instruction on Google Factory Images page and reinstalled 4.2.2 version using fastboot. Finished installation I got my phone back.

Just for fun, I tried to update to 4.3 version using fastboot and it crashed again... For the moment I will stay on 4.2.2 version

Hope this helped!

Tom?s Dias Almeida
twitter @tomasalmeida

serges78

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm using a nexus 7 and I have the same problem since installing the update. Can you please help out. I'm kind of lost using the link you've provided. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm using a nexus 7 and I have the same problem since installing the update. Can you please help out. I'm kind of lost using the link you've provided. Thank you

Roger Coulter

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 locks up since installing 4.3. After sitting idle, the screen simply won't come back (although the message indicator light is occasionally flashing). If I hold the power button for 10 seconds it will restart. Any suggestions?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Were you using the Netflix app?

My nexus 4 locks up since installing 4.3. After sitting idle, the screen simply won't come back (although the message indicator light is occasionally flashing). If I hold the power button for 10 seconds it will restart. Any suggestions?

Phyllis Kitsune

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just updated my Android to the newest version(never saw which) .
Couple of hours later my Galaxy Note 2 just died. Now I can't go any further than the company logo.
Nobody warned me of that possibility. Why is the software bad for my phone?
How can I fix my phone?

Olivia Fayet

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: my samsung S4 mini crashed

Hi...

My phone went to safe mode
I did the normal things I did to get it out of safe mode
It would not leave safe mode for any thing I did

This one time when I was restarting it it won't come on
Then a warning came on saying 'press up volume to update to the OS
Press the down volume to cancel