New Nexus 4 dropping off charge & alerted "Battery life nearly finished please replace soon"

NewtoNexus

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
New Nexus 4 dropping off charge & alerted "Battery life nearly finished please replace soon"

Hi,

I recently bought a Nexus 4 and have been using this forum with queries but haven't had many problems until now. I'm new to android having been an IOS user for many years. I used to work for Google and bought my Nexus 4 from an ex-colleague of mine who won hers as a prize at work so I'm not sure where I lie with regards guarantees and such.

I mainly use my phone for basic stuff, web browsing, netflix and games, that's about it. My battery life isn't great, today I wore it down and the device powered down. I plugged it in a few hours later and it wouldn't recognise the charge. After reading on here I held down my power button and the volume down button for 60 seconds and it came back on. As I was using the device while plugged in it often stopped recognising the charger and I would have to plug it out from the wall (disconnecting the cable from the phone wasn't enough) and plug it back in again. Just now as I was playing a game a notification came on the screen saying "Battery life nearly finished please replace soon". The device was won by my old work friend at the end of the quarter and was handed over to me having never been used. It hasn't lived a life so I'm very confused as to why it is meeting an early death!!!!

Has anyone had any experience with this or can offer any advice? The hardware support is a phone number only and having worked for the company I know how terrible the tech support team can be and also, I'm not too sure how delighted they'll be with me using a device they'd given to an employee as a prize.

Any help greatly appreciated!

NewtoNexus

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: New Nexus 4 dropping off charge & alerted "Battery life nearly finished please replace soon"

Okay. To demonstrate how ridiculously new to this and r*tarded I am it turns out the message was a prank by a friend. Has anyone ever seen their phone not recognise a charger before though?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: New Nexus 4 dropping off charge & alerted "Battery life nearly finished please replace soon"

Okay. To demonstrate how ridiculously new to this and r*tarded I am it turns out the message was a prank by a friend. Has anyone ever seen their phone not recognise a charger before though?
Never had that issue. completely wipe the device so there is no traces of "pranks" by your friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs