Android 4.3 -- Security Setting App CRASHES

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Long story, but had to do a factory reset to my N4 and now I have 4.3. Everything is running fine, except I'd like to add my pattern lock back. But when I go to settings and click on "security," the settings app crashes. Any thoughts on how I can remedy this? I've tried going to the settings app and deleting cache and data, but hasn't helped. Nor has restarting the phone.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Long story, but had to do a factory reset to my N4 and now I have 4.3. Everything is running fine, except I'd like to add my pattern lock back. But when I go to settings and click on "security," the settings app crashes. Any thoughts on how I can remedy this? I've tried going to the settings app and deleting cache and data, but hasn't helped. Nor has restarting the phone.

I would try resetting it one more time.

dataminer49er

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. I was able to fix it by rebooting into recovery, clearing the caches; reloading the Android 4.2.2 image and then reinstalling 4.3 over the air. Granted that does seem to be the long way around, but I now have a factory fresh S4 with everything working!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11