Has anyone noticed if Google acknowledges plethora of 4.3 bugs/issues???

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got the update screen today, but after reading on this forum and many, many others about 4.3 on N4's and the issues, I'm staying put on 4.2.2..

I tried searching for Google acknowledging yet that there are a large number of issues, several quite annoying (ie. phone shutting off by itself randomly/major overheating)??? Seems to me someone didn't perform a good QA on this release/Nexus 4 devices?!?!?

Uggg... Guess that's the flip side of getting a Google device..sure, first to get updates, but first to work out/report all the defects before the major carriers get'em! LOL

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There really aren't any widespread issues. Rare ones get magnified when you come to the forums, as most posts are made to express a problem. For every post or thread complaining about an issue you have to assume there are hundreds of quiet happy customers. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
No reason not to update. I would imagine for every 1 complaint on here about it that there is 100 happy people. This happens every update. U still went from 4.1 to 4.2 didn't ya? Even though there were the same "horror stories". Most people come to a forum to ask for help with problems.if you are happy with the update and have no problems u aren't going to come to the forum to post about it.

Posted via Android Central App

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had the update for almost a week on my N4 and have no issues. Just my 2 cents :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

ubermanx

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Update on my N4 seems to be solid as well. No shutdowns or heat problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing the opposite since update. Many things fixed and running more smoothly. Higher benchmarks too if that 8s your thing. My nexus 4 never over heated but I have been checking the battery stats and it has been running substantially cooler and the battery has been lasting longer.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ive had the update for quite a while as well and have no issues to report. Some issues are app related while others are just inside the imagination of the users. As the time between updates are very long I'm quite sure Google would have tested it thoroughly, testing as many possibilities as they could. Just because we get updates straight away it doesn't mean they are less stable, its because the new version doesn't have to be passed over to carriers to make sure it works with their what you could call custom builds of the software.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I gotta agree with others. Very few people are going to post an 'everything is fine' thread, so what you're going to see is people with issues, which may make it appear that it's plagued with problems, when you're really seeing a minority of users experiencing problems.

I would upgrade, but off course you might end up being one of the unlucky ones...

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Most of the problems sound like either people messing around with stuff they don't understand, or apps that cause conflicts and need to be updated.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
No random shutdowns or overheating here either. Those people who are experiencing such issues should try a factory reset. It might solve all of their issues.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was using Skype today and my phone just shutdown by itself. Had to hit power button and the Google logo came on. I've never had that happen before. Just updated yesterday too. Coincidence?

Neox3d

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing the opposite since update. Many things fixed and running more smoothly. Higher benchmarks too if that 8s your thing. My nexus 4 never over heated but I have been checking the battery stats and it has been running substantially cooler and the battery has been lasting longer.

I agree. BTW I didn't get the OTA update so i just flashed the 4.3JB image...been running fine. I have seen a significant battery gain and the phone is heating less than before. And I had no trouble, no errors, no bugs. the best thing I enjoy now is that the 4.3 update actually makes it possible to use BLE and WIFI together. Earlier if I was using a BL headset on a call I could not run wifi on N4.

I would suggest that if you know your way around an unlocked bootloader (no need to root), just download the 4.3 image, follow instructions on various sites/threads, wipe your phone clean and flash 4.3 on your N4. It works fine on my N4, I have seen no bug or error yet.

KJDUNPHY

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
No problems here either! The screen adjustment alone is enough to make me consider keeping it unrooted! Slight adjustment though.. It was better with the paranoidandroid kernel still but its at least closer now.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was using Skype today and my phone just shutdown by itself. Had to hit power button and the Google logo came on. I've never had that happen before. Just updated yesterday too. Coincidence?

Probably not a coincidence, but probably a skype issue not a Google issue. Some apps are slower to adapt for the android update. Contact the developer of the app.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had issues getting the update to install, but aside from that I have not encountered any issues with 4.3. I am definitely not getting any noticeable difference in battery life like some are claiming and I am a very light user.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook page that Google has on the Nexus 4, stated yesterday, that the phone should be reset if anyone has any problems after the update. Actually they say that everyone should reset the phone, but I didn't do that because my phone is operating perfectly since the update. https://www.facebook.com/GoogleNexus4

That's not an official Google page. (Actually looks pretty spammy to me...)

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely no problems here on 4.3, and my browser seems to be really snappy. I'm hoping for the better battery life, although I've never had a day when the battery didn't last through the full day (ran it down to 5% a few times). I read something about 4.3 allowing us to access contacts from the dial pad. I'm going to look for that setting later tonight.

All in all, I switched to Android from iOS last year and I'm very happy I did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463