Notification bug on 4.3

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Updated my Nexus 4 to 4.3 ota yesterday, noticed an odd bug. Observe, screenshot number one:

attachment.php

Notice the call control notification. I like this app, it does an important job, but I don't really care for the notification constantly being present, so in 4.2.2, I hid it, by long pressing it's notification, selecting app info, then unticking "Show notifications", and all was well. So I double check the setting, and see:

attachment.php

Ah, it's already unticked. This could get tiresome.

So I discover that some apps have been misbehaving to ensure they are always running in the background, very naughty, but it seems that Google have fixed that problem, and broken the feature to not show notifications when we've requested it. Oops.

Ticking and unticking does make it work again... But I'm wondering how long that setting will stick.

How annoying. So yeah, just me? Or anyone else annoyed by this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-01-08-53-11.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-01-08-53-11.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2013-08-01-08-53-21.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-01-08-53-21.png
    127 KB · Views: 188

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know there was that setting :) Look at me learning something! Whew, now I can go back to letting my brain rot.

But yeah...now that I know it's there (but doesn't work) I am annoyed.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've seen a few annoying little bugs that were resolved following a hard reset (hold power and volume down together for about ten seconds). Doesn't result in any data loss, but for some reason has a different effect than just a standard reboot.

Didn't notice this issue so can't say if it will resolve or not (to be honest, I'm guessing not) but it could be worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few annoying little bugs that were resolved following a hard reset (hold power and volume down together for about ten seconds). Doesn't result in any data loss, but for some reason has a different effect than just a standard reboot.

Didn't notice this issue so can't say if it will resolve or not (to be honest, I'm guessing not) but it could be worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App

This is simulating a battery pull and can help with glitches in some instances.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Not my understanding.

They changed the way malformed notifications are handled so they will show to users. This is to stop misbehaving apps staying in the memory without user knowledge.

However, android should still respect the user setting to not show notifications from an app.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Not my understanding.

They changed the way malformed notifications are handled so they will show to users. This is to stop misbehaving apps staying in the memory without user knowledge.

However, android should still respect the user setting to not show notifications from an app.

I had several apps doing similar things after 4.3 was installed, and within a couple of days, it all stopped because the apps were updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt