Lost screen touch sensitivity after 4.3!

kiriath

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is extremely annoying. Ever since I updated to 4.3 I've experienced some loss of screen touch sensitivity randomly. When it happens I have to sometimes press 4-5 times a certain key on the keyboard in order to register . it also happens with the soft keys.

Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 4

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is extremely annoying. Ever since I updated to 4.3 I've experienced some loss of screen touch sensitivity randomly. When it happens I have to sometimes press 4-5 times a certain key on the keyboard in order to register . it also happens with the soft keys.

Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Definitely no worse here, in fact it seems sensitivity is improved if anything.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I get the sluggish touch response, but more often, my touch functionality stops all together. The phone is still active and working, just 100% unresponsive to ANY touch commands.
Started after 4.3. Did a factory restore, problem is still there (so is 4.3).

The problem here seems to be 4.3 on the Nexus 4.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys installed anything on the phone? It is important to disclose that because, due to security changes with 4.3, there are many apps that are causing issues that will need to be fixed be respective developers of those apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I thought it might be an app that was causing compatability issues.

So I factory restored my phone (twice now).

Probably still persists, even with all factory defaults and nothing else on the phone. The only thing that remained was 4.3
My phone is basically a brick now... the touch screen locks up often 1-2 seconds after I unlock it, and never longer than about 30 seconds of using the phone. Rebooting is the only way to unlock it, though little good it does since it locks up again so quickly. By locking up, I mean that the phone loses ALL touch functionality.The phone is still active, it just doesnt respond to ANY touch commands.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought it might be an app that was causing compatability issues.

So I factory restored my phone (twice now).

Probably still persists, even with all factory defaults and nothing else on the phone. The only thing that remained was 4.3
My phone is basically a brick now... the touch screen locks up often 1-2 seconds after I unlock it, and never longer than about 30 seconds of using the phone. Rebooting is the only way to unlock it, though little good it does since it locks up again so quickly. By locking up, I mean that the phone loses ALL touch functionality.The phone is still active, it just doesnt respond to ANY touch commands.

It sounds more a hardware issue than a software one. It could just be a coincidence that the issue started after upgrading. The only way to confirm that would be to flash back to 4.2.2 to see if the problem persists.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It sounds more a hardware issue than a software one. It could just be a coincidence that the issue started after upgrading. The only way to confirm that would be to flash back to 4.2.2 to see if the problem persists.

yeah, im researching how to go back to 4.2.2. Its all greek to me though since ive never done anything to that technical of a level with my phone yet.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Flashed my nexus 4 back to 4.2.2 and all my issues with the touchscreen went away.

This was after doing a factory reset (twice) to try to resolve it by removing all other factors outside of 4.3

Im concerned that google wont be resolving this issue, even in future patches, and im going to be stuck on 4.2.2 until I get a different phone.

tpilkington

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 7 and screen press (or lack thereof) I driving me crazy. I am on 4.3 build JSS15Q...is that the one that supposedly fixed the problem?

Last edited:

Allan k1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I know this is off topic, but I am on an HTC One, and I have the same issues after updating to 4.3. So, I am not sure if it is related or not. Is there a fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz