Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the latest update, creating wallpapers from stored images isn't as great as it used to be. The images turn out to be bad quality on the screen; even ones that I've used before and had no trouble with. Anyone else experiencing this? It's very annoying because I can only use stock wallpaper images now if I want my home screen to look decent... :c

Here's a screenshot;
Screenshot_2013-08-02-13-43-00_zps1c03e409.png

The original image is incredibly sharp with no noise what-so-ever, but you can see from the screenshot of my phone that the lines have been distorted somewhat and it no longer looks like presentable.

Is anyone else having this issue?​

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell how the artist drew Rainbow Dash, so it's hard to tell for me. Have you tried saving that wallpaper image, uploading it to G+, letting it do it's auto awesome stuff to it then resaving to phone and setting as wallpaper? That might be a decent workaround.

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't tell how the artist drew Rainbow Dash, so it's hard to tell for me. Have you tried saving that wallpaper image, uploading it to G+, letting it do it's auto awesome stuff to it then resaving to phone and setting as wallpaper? That might be a decent workaround.

I actually linked to the original image; it's, uh... in the phrase 'orginal image'. Heh.

I'll try that, though! I'll let you know how it goes. c:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So it is! I clearly have not had enough coffee. Thanks for pointing that out! We can't let my daughter see this wallpaper, she'll make me put it on all my devices :p

I actually linked to the original image; it's, uh... in the phrase 'orginal image'. Heh.

I'll try that, though! I'll let you know how it goes. c:

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the latest update, creating wallpapers from stored images isn't as great as it used to be. The images turn out to be bad quality on the screen; even ones that I've used before and had no trouble with. Anyone else experiencing this? It's very annoying because I can only use stock wallpaper images now if I want my home screen to look decent... :c

Here's a screenshot;
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l491/Nimbose/Screenshot_2013-08-02-13-43-00_zps1c03e409.png

The original image is incredibly sharp with no noise what-so-ever, but you can see from the screenshot of my phone that the lines have been distorted somewhat and it no longer looks like presentable.

Is anyone else having this issue?​

Yes some people are having this issue. Google is aware of it. check a thread started the other day below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/301347-4-3-wallpaper-changes.html

Link

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just now noticed this after messing with wallpapers but I don't notice it with all wallpapers. I downloaded a few the other day and some seem yet some seem a bit grainy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech