Post-power outage battery issues

hcsim

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm assuming the thing is just fried, but I figured I'd post here before sending it off to LG.

Had a power outage last night while my Nexus was plugged into the wall, and now it won't charge. I plug it in, the charging icon pops up for about five seconds, then stops, and when I hit the power button the empty battery icon displays. This happens whenever I plug it in - it starts to charge and stops. Tried different cables, same problem.

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm assuming the thing is just fried, but I figured I'd post here before sending it off to LG.

Had a power outage last night while my Nexus was plugged into the wall, and now it won't charge. I plug it in, the charging icon pops up for about five seconds, then stops, and when I hit the power button the empty battery icon displays. This happens whenever I plug it in - it starts to charge and stops. Tried different cables, same problem.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!
To me, it sounds like a hardware issue, and nothing you could possibly do to fix it.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Could be the battery was deep discharged, try plugging it in for a couple hours, that often seems to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app