I recently switch from Sprint to AT&T because I was always dropping calls while talking. I decided to buy a $40 prepaid go phone on AT&T to try out their network and so far it has been excellent. Not a single dropped call.
    I want to order a Nexus 4 phone, but was wondering how do I switch phones?? Can I just remove the sim card from the go phone and place it in the Nexus 4? Or do I need to go into a AT&T store for them to connect me up. I want to keep my same phone number as well.
    Thank you for your input. I'm definitely not tech savvy so I appreciate your feedback.
    Thank you
    08-03-2013 01:01 PM
    In the UK, when you take out a contract phone/deal you're basically paying for the SIM. Your data/talk time cost/monthly fee is paying for your phone over time.

So you should be able to just put your SIM in the Nexus 4 and work away! As long as you don't plan on cancelling your contract!

Your phone number essentially IS your SIM Card, if I were to put my sim card in your phone, your phone would have my number.

Hope this helps! I bought an N4 two weeks ago, and I'm loving it!
    08-03-2013 01:16 PM
    Shane, thanks for the reply
    08-03-2013 02:48 PM
    I recently switch from Sprint to AT&T because I was always dropping calls while talking. I decided to buy a $40 prepaid go phone on AT&T to try out their network and so far it has been excellent. Not a single dropped call.
    I want to order a Nexus 4 phone, but was wondering how do I switch phones?? Can I just remove the sim card from the go phone and place it in the Nexus 4? Or do I need to go into a AT&T store for them to connect me up. I want to keep my same phone number as well.
    Thank you for your input. I'm definitely not tech savvy so I appreciate your feedback.
    Thank you
    You can just switch the sim card over to your Nexus 4. Dont worry about any data loss.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-03-2013 02:52 PM
    Yeah, just put your sim card into the nexus 4 and you're good to go I'm getting mine next week hopefully, so I'll be doing the same thing.
    08-03-2013 02:57 PM
    You will most likely have to trim the sim card down to the proper size. The N4 takes a micro sim card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-03-2013 03:11 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies. I just got off the phone with AT&T and they said my sim card is locked so they wold have to unlock it which takes just a few minutes. They also said they could set my APN on the Nexus 4. They did not mention anything about the sim card not fitting, but we will see.
    08-03-2013 03:28 PM