Nexus 4 - Download Problems

LFCPhil

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
For the last few weeks I have been having problems with my Nexus 4 downloading Podcasts from the internet.

I download my prodcasts through the Chrome Browser simply by long pressing and clicking "Save Link". This has worked for years across various devices without a problem however now it does not appear to work.

When I click "Save Link" a message pops up saying "Starting Download" as it always would however from there, no progress appears in the notifications panel and 9/10 times the file doesn't download at all. On the occasion that it does, there is no sign that it is downloading until the normal "Download Complete" message pops up.

I have downloaded Astro and the files are partially downloading, but they seem to get between 10-20mb and disappear. They are also never visible in the stock download manager.

This is only a problem with MP3 files so far, I can download PDF's etc and they perform as they always did. Does anyone have any ideas, this is driving me mad?

Thanks

Wolfie007

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here on Nexus 10. It's not a file size issue; all files download invisibly in the background with no progress bar.

For small files it's not a big issue, a PDF takes a few seconds but media files keep you guessing as to whether they are downloading.

Anyone got any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2