Nexus 4 : Text messenging problems after OTA to Android 4.3

Rival Clown

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey I updated my N4 to 4.3 OTA the other day and since then I haven't been able to receive text messages from people. Others receive my text and when they reply I simply don't receive them. Also as soon as I updated my already docked phone app didn't work and said the app wasn't installed but when I pressed on it in the app drawer it worked fine so I don't know what's up. But anyway, has anyone got any idea weather this is a 4.3 bug or a phone issue? Thanks!

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: I don't know what's wrong?

Hey I updated my N4 to 4.3 OTA the other day and since then I haven't been able to receive text messages from people. Others receive my text and when they reply I simply don't receive them. Also as soon as I updated my already docked phone app didn't work and said the app wasn't installed but when I pressed on it in the app drawer it worked fine so I don't know what's up. But anyway, has anyone got any idea weather this is a 4.3 bug or a phone issue? Thanks!

If I understand your post, you say you have a phone dialer app? If so, I would start there by un installing it and see if that is the problem. You can always reinstall later. It seems many people are having problems with apps that aren't quite ready for 4.3.

I haven't had any issues with ota 4.3.

Good luck.

Rival Clown

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, but no no this is the stock dialer app that works perfectly fine when I open it from the app drawer it's the receiving texts that's the issue

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, but no no this is the stock dialer app that works perfectly fine when I open it from the app drawer it's the receiving texts that's the issue

Hmmm...ok. I would clear cache in message app next and see if that fixes the problem. The next step would be to clear all data but back up your messages first because it will delete all messages. If that doesn't fix it I would try a factory reset after you back up the device.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Just a guess, but maybe resetting APN settings?? If you are on a prepaid where you had to put manually input APN settings to make messaging and/or data work (i.e. Net10), possibly 4.3 OTA reset them incorrectly and you have to manually re-input them.