I am new to Android, I recently migrated from the iPhone. I had iPhones since 2007, and am enjoying my Nexus 4 very much.

My Nexus would be nearly perfect, if I did not regularly experience an audio playback glitch.

Randomly, audio playback pauses. The audio sometimes pauses after just 2 minutes of listening, and at other times occurs after 10-15+ minutes of listening... with the screen off. The audio pauses when using any of my multiple pairs of headphones, and even via Bluetooth streaming audio. I believe the issue has also occurred when using the built-in speaker. The audio pauses when streaming via wifi networks and AT&T 3G.
    The audio pauses when using the following music apps: Google Play Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, Beyond Pod.

Sometimes the audio resumes when I press the power button. Sometimes I have to unlock the device and the audio resumes. Sometimes I have to press "play" again from the App.

I would love to be able to play uninterrupted audio from my Nexus.

I have searched for a solution many times, but have been unsuccessful. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Thank you
    08-05-2013 05:25 PM
    Just wanted to add that I've had the same problem on my Nexus 4. Playback in BeyondPod and Google Music will pause randomly, and I haven't been able to see any rhyme or reason for it.

I meant to pay attention when 4.3 arrived, just to see if by some chance that fixed this bug, but I can't recall now if it's done it since I installed 4.3.
    08-05-2013 07:52 PM
    For me it has occurred with 4.2.2 and now with 4.3. There was no change with the 4.3 update.
    08-05-2013 07:52 PM
    I had a similar problem with Play Music on 4.2.2. The music didn't pause randomly, but the audio level suddenly would drop. Pausing and playing would fix it for a few moments or minutes. Other times it the audio level would go back up on its own after a few seconds.

The problem occurred out of the blue after four months and then went away after a few days. I still don't know what caused it. Initially I thought it was related to using a BT headset instead of wired earbuds, but it resumed working fine with the BT headset. The problem occurred only with Play Music. Amazon MP3, Sky.FM and Pandora all worked fine.
    08-05-2013 08:37 PM
    My Galaxy S4 has the same behavior during Bluetooth audio playback. However, one thing that I noticed is that Google Music works w/o any interruptions.
    08-15-2013 09:26 AM
    You might try emptying the play music cache or try a different player. I find rocket player is more than stable. You might also have a conflict between apps as well.
    08-15-2013 11:07 AM
    I have a GS4 (sprint) and it pauses audio all the time regardless of the application.
    I am fairly sure I have determined it is connected to any change in network status.....ie. the data changes from WiFi to 3g, 4g to 3g, etc.
    The worst is when you are in a location where 3g is fading in and out and 3g and 4g are competing for my phone...it may pause many times in a minute.
    There are locations on my run where this will predictably reoccur each time....it is completely infuriating.
    10-16-2013 09:49 AM
    I've had this random pausing issue since I first got my Note II over a year ago, but it only happened with certain bluetooth devices (like the HTC StereoClip and Kinivo BTC450).

After upgrading my phone to 4.3 a couple of weeks ago, the random pausing issue went away for me.
    12-13-2013 06:19 PM
    My N4 will go into silent mode on its own. The volume rocker won't work, and I can't even turn the volume up manually in the settings. I have to reboot my phone for the volume to come back. It's just media volume and not the call volume.
    12-14-2013 07:19 PM
    There is a problem with BT on 4.4. Have a look here:
    https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=63056

I'm having the same issues
    12-17-2013 10:03 AM
    Wow, that's a long thread of 4.4 BT issues. Thanks for sharing the link. Glad it's a very common problem. Something that common I assume would get addressed right away.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    12-25-2013 01:41 PM