Just got my Nexus 4 right now! What should I do to fully customize (No rooting or flashing)!

pagosElite

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I just got this beast in 16 GB form! What should I first do? Also, I have noticed the download speeds are sh*t. Especially from the Google Play store. Its on Wifi and it took me around 3 mins to download Facebook. My wifi reaches upto 30 mbs on my computer so whats going on. So what do i do :D?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations. It is a sweet device. I've enjoyed mine immensely. Nice move on getting the 16GB.

Something not right. Shouldn't take that long. I noticed that when my device OTA to 4.3 the wifi slowed at a crawl. I just rebooted the phone and it was back to normal. What to do with your shiny new toy? I for the most part just stuck to stock and never customized at all. Others might chime in on what to do and what to install, but what I thoroughly enjoyed the most when I first got my N4 was experimenting with all sorts of different apps and games off of Google Play. Truthfully, I never tired of it and hardly a day goes by that I'm not impressed and intrigued with it.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
To fix slow WiFi, try rebooting your router or selecting a different channel.
To customize I suggest starting with a 3rd party launcher, apex or nova are popular here. This allows you to customize your homescreens in many different ways. Don't worry, try things out, if you are not happy change it back or uninstall the app, no harm done!
Lots of other apps you can use to customize, lightflow, chomp SMS, there is a sticky up in the forum full of awesome app ideas!

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just use it for a while, you'll soon figure out what you like and what you want to customize.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You can change the channel on your router, Google your router to find out how. WiFi analyzer is a free app on the playstore that may help you pick a better channel.
I use chomp SMS to customize my messaging app. Lots of great customizations, colors,text etc

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You may also need to update the firmware on your router if you have not done it in awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by changing the channel. And are there any ways i can customize my SMS?

You can use third party messaging apps like Go SMS.

For the wifi issue, you can try to use an app called wifi fixer and see if it helps to resolve your issue.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Lots of other apps you can use to customize, lightflow, chomp SMS, there is a sticky up in the forum full of awesome app ideas!

+1 on lightflow. I find having different colors for different notifications to be really useful.

Zooper widget or minimalistic text allow you to have some pretty custom made widgets if you are into that.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have a look at the thread in my sig for some cool apps that you wont necessarily notice at first by looking at google play store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800