Volume automatically increases on NEXUS 4

anique265

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 4 recently and was working fine until a week ago. The volume automatically increases even when the volume button is not pressed.
Its very annoying. Any solutions to it?
I tried the factory reset and it seems that isnt the problem

T Android

Banned
Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 4 recently and was working fine until a week ago. The volume automatically increases even when the volume button is not pressed.

I checked everywhere and I couldn't find anyone with the same problem as your Nexus 4. This leads me to believe that there is a defect with your device.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's possible something is wrong with the volume button itself. You can definitely RMA the device (and I probably would), but if you'd rather try to fix it yourself it might be possible. The best place to start would be the iFixit Nexus 4 Repair Guide, and the power/volume buttons guide in particular. The goal would be to make sure the button's mechanism isn't stuck and is free of debris.

huanghe53

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my new Note 3 running Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1. Factory reset and firmware reload doesn't help. I did few test myself and notice the incident doesn't happen until I have my Exchange Account setup. Once I remove my Exchange Account, problem cease. Problem repeated for 2 times if I repeat the same test. So I highly suspect some bug in the Android Stock Email App (after I updated to XXUBMJ1) or the Exchange Policy impose by my Company IT or conflict between XXUBMJ1 and Security Policy. I don't have this problem before I updated to XXUBMJ1. Still no solution yet and very annoying. Strongly consider to remove my Exchange Account at the moment until new firmware release.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Can you elaborate more like when it happens or how frequently?

I'm having an issue when listening to songs thru my headphones, the volume goes to max after each track using Google Play Music. Usually, after clicking pause and then play on my headphones control button the volume goes back to it's original place.

This problem does not happen to all the tracks, but most do. I have no clue as to what could be the issue here.