I have D-Link router and for longest time my Nexus 4 wouldn't even see it as available. Sometime, out of blue it would connect to it but connection would be very slow... maybe EDGE speed if even that. YouTube videos wouldn't work. Netflix or any kind of streaming... forget it...

Anyway, yesterday I finally decided to look into issue and see what I can do (I should issue a bill to Google for my wasted time) and I discoverd after I changed wireles encription type, sudenly nexus 4 was able to see my wifi spot all the time. It would connect, but again, very slow. I searched Google and was overwhelmed with number of people that have issues.

Does anybody have idea how to address this issue?

And little bit about history...
    This is my second phone. First one I returned to Google after 2 months of use. The thing was absolutely terrible. All sort of connectivity issues. Any application that would make HTTP requests wouldn't work due to time out issues. I would be able to complete Google Play purchase because it would eventualy timed out (while showing 3G or H indicator)
    I had feeling that any time when idle, phone would loose internet connection...
    I got new phone, but nothing really changed... I felt that things were little bit better. It would time out less, and I would manage to buy app here and there, but to deposit check to my bank and go through the whole process without getting stuck in the middle, no way... I esentially stopped using any application that would need internet connection. I am avid chess player, and online games were simply impossible... in all this time, internet browsing worked really fast. Even buggy facebook app would work fast, but would always show message that I don't have internet connection when I would open it. Really weird.
    Tried to pair phone with wireless headphones... Nexus couldn't even detect it. My friend's Motorola didn't have any issues at all. Tried to thether connection over bluetooth... no way.

Now, with 4.3, all connectivity issues are gone. Not getting timout errors any more and my chess app is finally working :-). Unfortunatelly, Wifi issues remain. Didn't try bluetooth yet. If 4.3 didn't fix some of the problems, I was about to steal my old Nexus S from my daugther. That thing was slower but at least it worked.

I learned the lesson here, and I would advise everybody to do the same. When you buy your next phone take it home and try everything: wireless, bluetooth, thethering, video output, anything that comes to your mind, and if anything fail, return it without trying to fix it... And I will double my efforts with my next Nexus phone.
    And, yes, I have to say, while this phone shine outside with look and specs, the connectivity issues (3G, wifi, bluetooth) render it an absolute piece of junk.
    08-08-2013 11:46 AM
    I have D-Link router and for longest time my Nexus 4 wouldn't even see it as available. Sometime, out of blue it would connect to it but connection would be very slow... maybe EDGE speed if even that. YouTube videos wouldn't work. Netflix or any kind of streaming... forget it...

Anyway, yesterday I finally decided to look into issue and see what I can do (I should issue a bill to Google for my wasted time) and I discoverd after I changed wireles encription type, sudenly nexus 4 was able to see my wifi spot all the time. It would connect, but again, very slow. I searched Google and was overwhelmed with number of people that have issues.

Does anybody have idea how to address this issue?

And little bit about history...
    This is my second phone. First one I returned to Google after 2 months of use. The thing was absolutely terrible. All sort of connectivity issues. Any application that would make HTTP requests wouldn't work due to time out issues. I would be able to complete Google Play purchase because it would eventualy timed out (while showing 3G or H indicator)
    I had feeling that any time when idle, phone would loose internet connection...
    I got new phone, but nothing really changed... I felt that things were little bit better. It would time out less, and I would manage to buy app here and there, but to deposit check to my bank and go through the whole process without getting stuck in the middle, no way... I esentially stopped using any application that would need internet connection. I am avid chess player, and online games were simply impossible... in all this time, internet browsing worked really fast. Even buggy facebook app would work fast, but would always show message that I don't have internet connection when I would open it. Really weird.
    Tried to pair phone with wireless headphones... Nexus couldn't even detect it. My friend's Motorola didn't have any issues at all. Tried to thether connection over bluetooth... no way.

Now, with 4.3, all connectivity issues are gone. Not getting timout errors any more and my chess app is finally working :-). Unfortunatelly, Wifi issues remain. Didn't try bluetooth yet. If 4.3 didn't fix some of the problems, I was about to steal my old Nexus S from my daugther. That thing was slower but at least it worked.

I learned the lesson here, and I would advise everybody to do the same. When you buy your next phone take it home and try everything: wireless, bluetooth, thethering, video output, anything that comes to your mind, and if anything fail, return it without trying to fix it... And I will dobule my efforts with my next Nexus phone.
    And, yes, I have to say, while this phone shine outside, and with specs, the connectivity issues (3G, wifi, bluetooth) render it an absolute piece of junk.
    Have you tried a different router?
    08-08-2013 01:16 PM
    Yes, I did. Works fine in Starbucks and other public places where WiFi is available. I thinks so, to be honest I didn't test it much. So far, it only hates my (6 months old) D-Link router. I have other devices at home that connects with no issues: PS3, 2 ROKUs, my laptop, my wife's android phone (Samsung S), my daughter's android phone (Nexus S)...
    08-08-2013 03:05 PM
    Do you have the latest firmware for your router? I actually had huge problems with my Nexus 4 after the 4.3 update and it turned out that a more recent firmware update for my router had my Nexus 4 running smoother on Wi-Fi than it did with 4.2.x. Heck, my Nexus 4 begins to connect to my router via 2.4GHz outside of my building and down the block, it switches to the 5GHz radio when I get into the apartment.

Bluetooth never gave me a problem.
    08-08-2013 10:35 PM
    I did check that. Router does have the latest firmware.

For bluetooth, I managed to share Nexus 4 internet connection with Nexus S over blutooth. But I also discovered if I turn bluetooth off and then on again (on either device), nexus S can't connect to interent any more, basically Nexus 4 doesn't want to share internet any more. I have to unpair devices and then pair them again and then it works again... Anyway... I just gave up... too much hussle.
    08-15-2013 09:42 AM
    I've had headaches like yours in the past and all I can tell you is that as long as you're using that router you're going to be annoyed lol. Just out of curiosity how old is your router? Your situation sounds a lot like mine was. All your older devices connected ok, but the newer one is giving you probs. I had this happen, but instead of a new router, I went to Rogers and I now use their new modems that have router wifi home networking built right into them.
    08-15-2013 10:19 AM