[Q] Strange Battery Problem

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had my nexus 4 for about 6 months and started having battery problems about 2 months back. My phone would just get worse and worse as time went on. It would randomly die when the battery was at 40% and would only get 2 hours of sot. Later it got worse and died at 70% getting only about 1 hour of sot. Now it got to the point where its unusable without a charger, if I unplug it the phone will last for 30 minutes max and then shut down. When I try to reboot it after it dies like this it boots up and instantly dies after about 5 seconds. Sometimes the phone reboots while it is plugged into the charger, while unplugged the phone instantly dies if I take a photo especially with flash. I tried resetting the battery by unplugging it and plugging it back. I noticed that the battery has expanded in size, even making my back cover not flat anymore. My question is if I replace the battery will this solve my problems?

Posted via Android Central App

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The exact same thing happened with my current phone. Yes getting a new battery will fix this problem. Something is just messed up with the battery. Nothing wrong with the actual phone itself.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I live in canada, I got my new battery from gocellular.ca

Did it look like it was new and original? Because you have to be very careful with the batteries if you buy a fake one its almost like buying a bomb. I don't think I can buy from the site if I am in US. I am looking at this site http://www.wirelessground.com/lg-bl...ogleproducts&gclid=CJaS-vvJ9LgCFSZp7AodjFcALw it seems like its a quality product and not a fake and costs about the same as the site you suggested

Posted via Android Central App

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes it looked perfectly new and works just fine. Hasn't blown up on me yet :p That site looks legit. You should be good. You can always call them if you're in doubt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513