Can't add an exchange account

Hjorslev

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello y'all

I've tried for several days to add an exchange account to my Nexus 4 so I can get my emails and sync my calendar with the device. But it won't connect at all. It gives me an error message saying it couldn't connect and nothing further info.

What bugs me the most is that it works perfectly on my Nexus 7 (the old). I just type the username and password and then it automatically downloaded the server settings etc.

I'm using Android 4.3 (both on 4 and 7) and haven't used any custom rom and my email client is the native app.

I've read suggestions such as remember to turn on auto sync and use WiFi but that hasn't work for me :-/

I hope that you have some ideas suggestions before I have to reset it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dominik4142

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Somehow it helped to set the amount of data syncronised from 'automatic' to '3 days' and disabling calendar for a while. No idea why, my network administrator is as surprised as I am.

rmcd1024

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Got it working. I had to add an *email* account, not a corporate account. You enter email and password and select manual setup and proceed from there.

I had seen other references to the the manual setup option but you need to create an email account to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781