What if its stolen??

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I, like lots of people, keep personal info on my n4. I use Keeper to store all my passwords. That's one way to get all my information like credit cards, bank accounts, etc... I am worried that one day my n4 may become lost or stolen. Is there anything I can do to ensure that if this happens that someone doesn't get ahold of my info? I am interested in perhaps a program to lock phone or disable or wipe the phone clean of all useful info. I use the "Where's my Droid" app, but that basically just tracks my phone. Any advice? Oh, I also use Avast anti virus.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys. I, like lots of people, keep personal info on my n4. I use Keeper to store all my passwords. That's one way to get all my information like credit cards, bank accounts, etc... I am worried that one day my n4 may become lost or stolen. Is there anything I can do to ensure that if this happens that someone doesn't get ahold of my info? I am interested in perhaps a program to lock phone or disable or wipe the phone clean of all useful info. I use the "Where's my Droid" app, but that basically just tracks my phone. Any advice? Oh, I also use Avast anti virus.

Google has you covered! This is still rolling out, but it let's you locate your devices location, ring the device, and, if enabled, remotely wipe.
https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager?u=0

Posted via Android Central App on Manta Ray

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. I signed up online. But, how do I activate this if my n4 is stolen? What steps would I have to take to wipe the phone?

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. I signed up online. But, how do I activate this if my n4 is stolen? What steps would I have to take to wipe the phone?

Using that link, once it has rolled out to your device, you can remotely wipe it.

Posted via Android Central App on Manta Ray

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Excellent! Thanks for the info. I took my girlfriends phone and googled device manager, signed in and even though I had the GPS turned off, I could still ring and wipe the device. This is a big help. Thanks so much. Also, I always use keypad lock. Not the pattern lock but a pin. How could someone bypass that and find my password through Keeper? I know hackers can do a lot, but let's assume some random Joe gets ahold of it. How could they actually get past my pin and into Keeper where my passwords are stored?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21