Should I Get This Phone Or Wait?

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I was wanting to get this phone in April when my contract was up but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it. Now my current phone (Motorola Atrix 1) is taking a dive and my patience is wearing thing. I love the idea of vanilla Android as I've also got the first Nexus 7. I think it would be great to keep the two as similar as possible and I'm just not a fan of the additional "features" carriers/manufacturers add to their devices. Anyway, my question is should I get this phone now or wait for the next Nexus phone to come out? Any rumors of one around the corner? Or should I got with another phone altogether and scrap the vanilla Android idea? Honestly, I don't want a phone with a huge screen. I like the 4" screens and those close to it.

Ideas/Advice?
Thanks!

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should I Get This Pone Or Wait?

The Nexus 4 is a solid phone and I would just pick one up if you 1. Don't need/care about lte 2. Don't care about a bigger or higher res screen. Except for those short comings it don't see how a new nexus phone could do anything better. The current one has a fast enough cpu/gpu and enough memory. That said if you want to play it safe and can hold on to your Atrix a little longer it's not too far off.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Also check out the other several threads on this topic. It may help you in this decision.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, i'd just wait for the next nexus. Most likely the same price with updated specs is a great deal. If you can't wait, the nexus 4 is still a beast and you could easily re-sell it to upgrade to the next nexus without paying much extra.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So, I was wanting to get this phone in April when my contract was up but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it. Now my current phone (Motorola Atrix 1) is taking a dive and my patience is wearing thing. I love the idea of vanilla Android as I've also got the first Nexus 7. I think it would be great to keep the two as similar as possible and I'm just not a fan of the additional "features" carriers/manufacturers add to their devices. Anyway, my question is should I get this phone now or wait for the next Nexus phone to come out? Any rumors of one around the corner? Or should I got with another phone altogether and scrap the vanilla Android idea? Honestly, I don't want a phone with a huge screen. I like the 4" screens and those close to it.

Ideas/Advice?
Thanks!

Id wait for two reasons....
1. see what the nexus 5 has to offer
2. if the nexus 5 does not blow out the nexus 4. Then you can pick up the nexus 4 cheaper after the 5 comes out.

image909

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Id wait for two reasons....
1. see what the nexus 5 has to offer
2. if the nexus 5 does not blow out the nexus 4. Then you can pick up the nexus 4 cheaper after the 5 comes out.
I agree completely, but just to throw this out there,it does get LTE by keeping the .33 radio or below radio.
cheers

marcher22

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I would wait. Battery life and camera quality are two places id really like to see improvements within the Nexus phone line up, and are both reason why I didn't get the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay