N4 Review

davidhm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I am am not not a tech person but I have to say that all the negative stuff posted on various boards is way way opposite from my experience. I bought the N4 because of the excellent experience I've had with the N7 (2012). TheN4 does precisely what I expect, excellent sound,speedy, and responsive. I've not experienced any negatives including the support i've received from Google support. The camera does what a phone camera should,impromptu image capture, not for great art.
The new os provides better sound and more volume.
I can not understand what the problem is. The play store has a greater variety than iTunes and the apps are a hell of a lot less expensive.

This is my second google product and I'm enjoying it and use with much greater freedom than my iPad.

David
PS un rooted and proudly so. Could never understand the relative increased utility of rooting vs the risk of being left with an expensive paper weight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
most people come to forums when they have issues so it might sound like N4 in general is having issues.
I haven't got a single problem with my N4, I have been using it for 9 months and i love it.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am am not not a tech person but I have to say that all the negative stuff posted on various boards is way way opposite from my experience. I bought the N4 because of the excellent experience I've had with the N7 (2012). TheN4 does precisely what I expect, excellent sound,speedy, and responsive. I've not experienced any negatives including the support i've received from Google support. The camera does what a phone camera should,impromptu image capture, not for great art.
The new os provides better sound and more volume.
I can not understand what the problem is. The play store has a greater variety than iTunes and the apps are a hell of a lot less expensive.

This is my second google product and I'm enjoying it and use with much greater freedom than my iPad.

David
PS un rooted and proudly so. Could never understand the relative increased utility of rooting vs the risk of being left with an expensive paper weight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

The N4 is a great device. Rooting (especially a nexus device) is pretty safe and most of the time completely reversible. Some people don't like to root and that's okay but as long as one knows what they are doing there is next to zero chance of making their device a paper weight.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.