Moving from Tmobile to Airvoice soon

Dan Brunner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Our Tmobile coverage outside of Milwaukee has always been a little hit or miss and we can get a couple bars inside the house if we move around a little. But the coverage has gotten much worse in the last few weeks to the point where I can barely get a signal in the house. Also on a recent road trip along I94 we got pretty intermittent coverage. I called Tmo and tried to see if there was anything they could do but I guess it is what it is. I was also never able to get MMS messaging to work despite calling and messing with the APN. I have ordered an AirVoice SIM and plan on porting my number over later this week to give them a try.

For activating on AirVoice does doing the port online work just as well as via a phone call?

Does anyone have experience on the $10 or $35 plans? We might be able to get by on the $10 plan but I understand you get a message every time you use minutes/data? It sounds a bit annoying.

Thanks
Dan

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I've never heard of AirVoice before, but i went and looked up the plans. For what they offer, I think it you might be getting more bang for you buck if you go with straight talk. They just started using AT&T again, which would help with your coverage issues with T-Mobile. I think its $45 a month and that gets you Unlimited Talk/Text/Data (which gets throttled at some unspecified point, but usually over 2 GB).

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile coverage is getting a lot more fragmented in cities now that it's launching its LTE network. If you have an LTE device it's all well and good, but if you don't every tower they repurpose is one less tower you get service from.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer