Slimport issue, blue flickering on TV screen

jazonbug

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Either the 4.3 update did something or the hw decoder on my N4 is broken. Everytime I watch videos using slimport, there's blue flickering on TV screen. The video on N4's screen is normal. If I use software decoder (using MX player for example) everything is fine. But that heats up the phone so that is shuts down after 30 min. or so. Same blue flickering happens when I try to watch videos from the camera or youtube. I assume they use hw decoder as well.

There could be something wrong with the slimport adapter (sp1002) but I don't understand why it's only affected when hw decoder is used.

And for the record, I've tried another HDMI port and cable and with and without charger.

onetrev

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't think there is anything wrong with your Slimport adapter or your Nexus 4. Just got my adapter today...same blue flicker on both my Nexus 4 devices (Android 4.3). In some testing Netflix only had the issue every few minutes maybe, but definitely was very frequent (every 3-6 seconds) in the YouTube app and made it unwatchable for me. Note, the flicker goes about 1/3 to 1/2 up the TV screen,

Last edited:

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Slimport with the Nexus 7 FHD so far all is good, I've got the SP1003 model though purchased directly from slimport; I didn't want to take a chance with all the fakes I've read about.

onetrev

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... I am using the SP1002 same as the first person who reported this issue. This is the only version of the SlimPort device I can see Analogix is selling...at least from their recommended purchase point of Amazon.

So long and short of it, this issue definitely still exists...

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why that is, how long ago did you purchase your SP1002? I got my SP1003 2 days ago and I just doubled checked, it's a SP1003.

onetrev

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a week ago. Amazon.ca. and Amazon.com, both are listed as SP1002. Anyway point being, there is a definitely flicker issue with Nexus 4 and Slimport, especially in YouTube.

jazonbug

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
SP1002 was at least at the time the only option in Amazon - shouldn't be a fake one. The problem could be the 4.3 update either in N4 or Slimport.