N4, S4 or N5

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have owned the Nexus 4 since it came out. I really like the look, speed and the fact that it was $350 off contract. Google has supported me very well. But when I look at quality phones and reviews on consumer reports.com it puts the Nexus 4 lower than the S4, much lower. Now that the Nexus 5 is coming out I'm wondering what I should do. Go on a new at&t 2 year contract again and get the S4 or wait and just buy the Nexus 5 hoping that it will be better then the S4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have owned the Nexus 4 since it came out. I really like the look, speed and the fact that it was $350 off contract. Google has supported me very well. But when I look at quality phones and reviews on consumer reports.com it puts the Nexus 4 lower than the S4, much lower. Now that the Nexus 5 is coming out I'm wondering what I should do. Go on a new at&t 2 year contract again and get the S4 or wait and just buy the Nexus 5 hoping that it will be better then the S4.

I wouldn't go by anything Consumer reports says. Over the years, they have picked some horrible products as their choice.

techisking

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How close is Nexus 5 really? I haven't heard any rumors or leaks, so I'd stay it's still 3-4 months away at least and S4 is only better if you use stock android on it (just my personal preference then again). Me, I can't do contracts so I usually get factory unlocked, and I'm thinking about getting the N4 even tho a newer one is coming out soon.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the next nexus to make my final decision. They tend to come out during the holiday season so if you can wait til Novemberish, I'd suggest that . good luck with whatever you pick. S4 is a decent phone I just didn't feel like it was enough of an upgrade when it came out for me to leave the n4

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Consumer reports *hates* Google. Massive pinch of salt required there.

Also, your comparing phones that haven't even been announced yet.

The nexus 4 is still a great phone. Don't worry about what other people have, just enjoy whatever you have.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Consumer reports *hates* Google. Massive pinch of salt required there.

Also, your comparing phones that haven't even been announced yet.

The nexus 4 is still a great phone. Don't worry about what other people have, just enjoy whatever you have.

Very true!

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a N4, sold it, then went with a TM S3, hated it, in the process of selling it and now i have another N4. If i was going to go the S4 route id get the google play version or wait for the N5.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is an awesome phone for a great price. Even with this HTC One I've considered going back to the stock Nexus 4 experience but I'll probably wait for the Nexus 5 to be released.

The only thing that's not so great about the Nexus 4 is the camera but it's still decent. The Nexus stock Android experience is awesome though and you'll be first in line for Android OS updates.

Sent from my HTC One

ShashankNegi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if the reports and leaked information are right (which we should certainly take with a grain of salt) then the other companies will be playing catch-up to the N5. I'd would just wait for the Google's next device if I we're in your position.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would surely wait until we know more about the Nexus 5. If the rumors are even close to true you will be not be able to give away your Nexus 4 after the N5 hits. Unless you have no phone, I would wait.

Sent from my SGH-I337

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The N4 came out in November, but was only widely available the next January.
Assuming a similar pattern, we're still at least 5 months away from whatever the next Nexus phone will be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800