Farewell Nexus 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Fellow Nexus 4 users,

As I mentioned when I started posting about a month ago, I was an iPhone 4S guy moving to the Nexus 4 when my phone broke. I bought it from Google Play in late July and have used it as an everyday phone until then.

Over the past few weeks, I've really enjoyed using it! I loved the freedom of Android 4.2 & 3, and how smooth and different it was.

Now, as I go 'back where I belong, I will never again dismiss Android as 'an excuse of an OS', because I know that it is another experience, one that people love just as much with its own unique features and benefits.

I sold my Nexus 4 today on eBay, and have decided I'll combine the money with savings to buy the next generation iPhone.

The forum has been very helpful and interesting over the past few weeks, and I thank you all!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I am the same i try to use every OS I use iOS, Android, and WP, they all have something unique and i am a hardware freak so i will also get the new iphone 5s or whatever it will be once it is released and same with the new nexus and whatever other great device hardware wise comes outs specks don't mean much to me i like design of the devices the os does the samething on them all.

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If I had the money I'd do the same! But I agree with you, they each have their own pros and cons! I'll like to see the next in the Nexus series! I think the 4 is epic atm!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the nexus 4 is awesome, I might just stay with Android for another year.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the nexus 4 is awesome, I might just stay with Android for another year.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what my future plans are. Right now I;m using an iPhone 4S as my main phone and sometimes I just use my Nexus 4 with a T-Mobile data only sim in it. I still use my Nexus 7 and my iPad Mini. I think I don't see any need right now to get anything else. Partly it's due to the carriers in my area. T-Mobile provides excellent data speeds at my house on my Nexus 4 and 4S and LTE at my house on my iPad Mini. AT&T has the best LTE in my area on my iPad Mini but I get no LTE and edge speeds at my house and I quit AT&T back in February because of that and Verizon was no different.

I prefer the apps on iOS more and I've made posts in this forum comparing the differences between iPad apps and the same apps on Android. At the same time, I like the freedom to do what I want on my Nexus 7 and 4 and run anything I want including flash.

Such difficult choices to have in life huh? I should be embarrassed.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what my future plans are. Right now I;m using an iPhone 4S as my main phone and sometimes I just use my Nexus 4 with a T-Mobile data only sim in it. I still use my Nexus 7 and my iPad Mini. I think I don't see any need right now to get anything else. Partly it's due to the carriers in my area. T-Mobile provides excellent data speeds at my house on my Nexus 4 and 4S and LTE at my house on my iPad Mini. AT&T has the best LTE in my area on my iPad Mini but I get no LTE and edge speeds at my house and I quit AT&T back in February because of that and Verizon was no different.

I prefer the apps on iOS more and I've made posts in this forum comparing the differences between iPad apps and the same apps on Android. At the same time, I like the freedom to do what I want on my Nexus 7 and 4 and run anything I want including flash.

Such difficult choices to have in life huh? I should be embarrassed.
To be perfectly honest I find phone apps between Android and iOS to be mostly similar.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I could never get used to going to a phone that has a very small display and that I can't do anything with. Kind of like the AOL of smartphones.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
To be perfectly honest I find phone apps between Android and iOS to be mostly similar.

Search for recent my posts back towards late June early July and you will see the ones where I compared the difference between several Android/iOS apps. There is a huge difference in many of them, especially were the iPad apps are concerned. Many of those same apps are just scaled up phone versions.

I even have several iPhone apps that look so much better with more features than on the Android side. Even the Netflix app on iOS has a few extra features such as it will automatically play the next episode of a TV series, won't happen on Android.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As someone whose household contains both Android and iOS devices I can see the benefits of both. I do wish Android would get apps concurrently with the iOS versions, but that's one thing I'm happy to give up in exchange for the flexibility Android provides to me. Glad you got the chance to check out the other side of the fence, you're always welcome back!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I too have come around full circle regarding iOS.
When the first android came out I jumped on the band wagon and supported them to no end.

But now that I see such great technology/phones/tablets.... its all just preference. No need to "support viciously" regarding a certain brand. iOS is a good software and who knows, Maybe Ill get an iPhone in the future. But at the moment, I am very happy with the N4 and very much looking forward to the N5 (or N4 2nd gen)

Good luck on your voyage

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Search for recent my posts back towards late June early July and you will see the ones where I compared the difference between several Android/iOS apps. There is a huge difference in many of them, especially were the iPad apps are concerned. Many of those same apps are just scaled up phone versions.

I even have several iPhone apps that look so much better with more features than on the Android side. Even the Netflix app on iOS has a few extra features such as it will automatically play the next episode of a TV series, won't happen on Android.
Tablet apps I fully agree. But recently many MANY apps have been updated for the holo theme on the phone. Perfect example is franco kernel updater and the Android Central app. But certainly nothing wrong with the the iPhone I like it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Tablet apps I fully agree. But recently many MANY apps have been updated for the holo theme on the phone. Perfect example is franco kernel updater and the Android Central app. But certainly nothing wrong with the the iPhone I like it too.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

And many iPhone apps require alot of juggling to get from one function to another, and Android apps are much smoother. Bottom line, the iPhone is 5 year old technology, tweaked a bit from year to year, but I think their glory days are coming to an end. Too many choices now for buyers, to get stuck with a " do it our way or the highway" tiny screen , mindset that IOS has.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
And many iPhone apps require alot of juggling to get from one function to another, and Android apps are much smoother. Bottom line, the iPhone is 5 year old technology, tweaked a bit from year to year, but I think their glory days are coming to an end. Too many choices now for buyers, to get stuck with a " do it our way or the highway" tiny screen , mindset that IOS has.

Do you understand opinion? I don't think iOS is 5 years old or anything. Keep your pro Android Anti apple bias to yourself please.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome Nexus 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

There is a report going around that shows during the past year, 20% of iPhone buyers switched over from an Android phone. Thats a pretty big number for "5 year old" tech. All the apps that I have running on my Android devices and iOS devices require no more juggling to do things. I think the devs care more on the iOS side and I will say it over and over again on this site and any other. It shows in the apps.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a report going around that shows during the past year, 20% of iPhone buyers switched over from an Android phone. Thats a pretty big number for "5 year old" tech. All the apps that I have running on my Android devices and iOS devices require no more juggling to do things. I think the devs care more on the iOS side and I will say it over and over again on this site and any other. It shows in the apps.

The apps on the iPhone were more plentiful in the beginning, because of the iPhones initial popularity. Well that is changing, the lack of innovation in the iPhone with their once a year updates, versus the constant releases of new Android phones like the Galaxy 4, Nexus 4, HTC 1, the list goes on and on , and these new phone release for Android are happening almost on a monthly basis. Hence the proliferation of Android Apps hitting the market, that do everything the iPhone apps do, and sometimes do a better job. The iPhone will be the Betamax of the smartphones, if they don't do something drastic, and I don't see that happening.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The apps on the iPhone were more plentiful in the beginning, because of the iPhones initial popularity. Well that is changing, the lack of innovation in the iPhone with their once a year updates, versus the constant releases of new Android phones like the Galaxy 4, Nexus 4, HTC 1, the list goes on and on , and these new phone release for Android are happening almost on a monthly basis. Hence the proliferation of Android Apps hitting the market, that do everything the iPhone apps do, and sometimes do a better job. The iPhone will be the Betamax of the smartphones, if they don't do something drastic, and I don't see that happening.

No one is innovating and Apple isn't doomed. Get off your high horse.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome Nexus 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, 100 Android phones being released a year. Is that supposed to impress? It's no wonder why some apps on iOS will not make a Android version such as Traktor DJ They state it's because of the latency in the devices/OS. More isn't better and you said it yourself with apps, they are SOMETIMES better on the Android side, not always.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 100 Android phones being released a year. Is that supposed to impress? It's no wonder why some apps on iOS will not make a Android version such as Traktor DJ They state it's because of the latency in the devices/OS. More isn't better and you said it yourself with apps, they are SOMETIMES better on the Android side, not always.

IOS is old technology. It was ground breaking in it's day, but since that it has gone stagnant. A tweak here, a tweak there, that's it, nothing more. The big deal in the iPhone 5 was room for another row of iCons. Wow, that's groundbreaking. LOL Android is taking over the smartphone market, plain and simple.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
IOS is old technology. It was ground breaking in it's day, but since that it has gone stagnant. A tweak here, a tweak there, that's it, nothing more. The big deal in the iPhone 5 was room for another row of iCons. Wow, that's groundbreaking. LOL Android is taking over the smartphone market, plain and simple.

If the app quality isn't there, what's the point?

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

For Shame! That tablet app "gap" will be dead before the iPhone 6 is released and quite possibly before the the next iPad mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital